Advanced search

Should I report this to my neighbour's child's school?

(9 Posts)
HappyVampire3 Tue 18-Apr-17 19:37:26

Sorry, it's long but I really need some advice.

A neighbour lives next door to us in a terraced house. She is in her late 30s early 40s and has a daughter we think is around 13-15. She is very strange and we don't talk to her, as once our engineer knocked on her door and she screamed at him. She is up all hours, smoking and talking to cars that pull up nearby and wandering around in her dressing gown outside. The house is run down (they rent it) and overgrown. She fights with the people in the flat above which is why we avoid her really.

A few weeks ago we heard her screaming at her daughter (at the time we didn't know how old the daughter was). Things like 'I'll smash your face in your little f***ing whore, slag'' and 'If you want a d**k between your legs, learn to live with the consequences!' and then we heard the daughter lock herself in the bathroom whilst the mother banged on the door for over an hour, screaming. We first had a giggle as you do, then as it got worse I got really worried. Then one of them left in a taxi and it stopped.

We were so shocked when we saw the daughter a few days later and realised she wasn't an adult but a teenager in school uniform and no more than 15 or so.

I've heard her screaming at her daughter a lot since (no more sexual references, which is what disturbed me a bit). I was thinking about emailing the school she goes to (we know by her uniform) and anonymously saying that we live nearby to -her first name- at -her address- and have head this, just wanted to let them know so they were aware.

My other half says the school won't do anything and not to bother.

Am I overreacting or should I just send a quick email? I don't want to be the one that does nothing when I could have.

therootoftheroot Tue 18-Apr-17 19:39:09

yes do it

it could be a jigsaw piece that finishes off the full picture

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Tue 18-Apr-17 19:40:48

Contact ss. .

Blueemeraldagain Tue 18-Apr-17 19:43:37

I'm a teacher. Do it. Include as much detail (but no speculation!) as possible.

SandyDenny Tue 18-Apr-17 19:44:56

I would contact them, they possibly already have a file on her and your information could be very important.

Much better to let them know than regret it if something bad happens to either of them

DearMrDilkington Tue 18-Apr-17 19:45:59

Contact the police next time a situation like that happens. For now ring the school and let them know what happened.

HappyVampire3 Tue 18-Apr-17 19:47:49

We did ring the police but by the time the police got there one had gone in the taxi and the other didn't open the door sad

I will send an email. Thank you for your replies.

flapjackfairy Tue 18-Apr-17 19:48:43

Safeguarders cannot report hearsay so you need to ring ss yourself and report it. I would definitely not leave it. They can liase with school if necessary to see if they have concerns or if school have already raised any issues.

booellesmum Tue 18-Apr-17 19:49:02

Phone the school and report as a safeguarding issue.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: