Talk

Advanced search

helpful stranger

(7 Posts)
bugattiveyron Mon 17-Apr-17 12:58:28

My young teenager just went to the shop to buy some eggs for me; unfortunately she tripped over and dropped them just outside the shop and phoned me to ask what to do, I thought she was in the shop and said to go and speak to the shop staff. While she was pondering what to do a man who was going into the shop saw her predicament and went in and bought a new box of eggs and several bags of sweets for her. She tried to refuse them but he insisted, she's brought them home. It seems wrong to eat them somehow, not sure what to do with them instead. WWYD?

Sunshinegirls Mon 17-Apr-17 17:11:14

Why does it seem wrong to eat them? Do you feel that the man had ulterior motives behind his RAOK?

AgentProvocateur Mon 17-Apr-17 17:19:32

Why does it seem wrong to eat them? What on earth will you do with them otherwise? confused

TwitterQueen1 Mon 17-Apr-17 17:21:29

Be glad! and grateful! Why is it wrong to eat them? The man didn't need to do it, he wasn't forced, he was obviously happy to do so. Accept with good grace.

HeyCat Mon 17-Apr-17 17:23:48

When I was pre-teen, I fell and broke a jam jar outside the local shop. Nice passing lady bought me new jam and some crisps. It's always stuck with me as a kind act by a stranger. I don't see the problem tbh.

Out2pasture Mon 17-Apr-17 17:26:37

Remember to pass forward the kind gesture.
Discuss opportunities with your daughter for helping others.

bugattiveyron Mon 17-Apr-17 18:53:41

We've donated them to the food bank. It just felt wrong to eat them because it's not like we haven't had enough sweets, my daughter decided that we'd do that.
No, I don't think that he had an ulterior motive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now