Talk

Advanced search

Shop didn't charge me the right amount.

(7 Posts)
SapphireSeptember Fri 14-Apr-17 21:40:07

I went shopping yesterday and bought four things from a shop that were £10.90 each, knew it was going to be over the contactless limit so put my PIN in and didn't check the amount, got home and looked at the receipt which makes no sense as the main receipt has the right amount on it and the card receipt has this random number on it which is wrong, and just checked my bank online and I was only charged £10.60 for the whole lot. I am confused as to how this could happen and I don't know what to do as I can't go back there in the foreseeable future due to work.

dementedpixie Sat 15-Apr-17 15:25:43

Are you sure it's the same transaction as contactless transactions usually take a few days to leave your account? How much is on the receipt you got?

dementedpixie Sat 15-Apr-17 15:26:43

Sorry you said it wasn't contactless but still doesn't normally come out that quickly

SapphireSeptember Sat 15-Apr-17 20:47:59

I know, but it's there, the columns go date, visa purchase, shop name and location and the amount it was, which is not right! My bank tends to put things through pretty quickly, I went to quite a few different shops on Thursday and all the payments are on my bank statement already.

Allice Sat 15-Apr-17 20:54:29

Most of my transactions debit the next day. If it was a small retailer I'd probably try and get back but wouldn't bother for a large one, it's really your call.

SapphireSeptember Sat 15-Apr-17 20:56:00

Right, so the main receipt with the items I bought has £43.60 on it, my card receipt has £10.60 on it, (and it was my card receipt as it has my name and the last four digits of my card number on it,) so somewhere between the nice bloke who served me putting my things through the till and me putting my card in the machine and putting my PIN in, something went wrong. What do I do?

Jellykat Sat 15-Apr-17 22:14:58

If its an independent retailer, the nice bloke at the till would've entered the amount charged to your card manually. He obviously made a mistake, and the till would've been out at the end of the day.

If you want to sort it, they may be able to put the rest through over the phone, along the 'customer not present' path of the card reader. You could ring them and see...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now