Talk

Advanced search

Fed up with my mum!

(8 Posts)
user1492181739 Fri 14-Apr-17 16:09:44

Hi everyone this is my first post so bare with me! I really don't know what to do about my Mum! She is getting on my nerves and has done since I was 15. She treats me very different from my brother (he can do no wrong). I think she has always seen me as a disappointment and she never has anything nice to say about me. Me and my husband went through a financial downer a month ago (all sorted now!) instead of supporting me she just shouted and has been talking about me and my husband behind our backs (especially my husband) I've had enough! She also treats my children differently to my brothers child aswell and I feel it's becoming a joke now! What should I do? She's not an easy person to talk to! confused

muffintopsausage Fri 14-Apr-17 16:40:08

What do you want? Do you like her at all?

AliJoGee Sun 23-Apr-17 19:08:01

Please try to sort things out with her, I understand it won't be easy, but for your own sake and that of your children, please at least try. I lost my mum 4 years ago and would do anything to have her back. You will regret it if this doesn't get sorted out before it's too late. Good luck! xxx

ImperialBlether Sun 23-Apr-17 19:09:23

That's unfair, AliJoGee. Did your mum treat you as a disappointment? Did she obviously prefer your sibling?

AliJoGee Sun 23-Apr-17 19:22:16

ImperialBlether, I'm really sorry if you thought I was being unfair, I honesty didn't mean it to be, I was trying help, hoping the OP could try to talk to her mum, but it is clear that would be very hard for her to do. I don't know how else to advise her, it's very sad that she has been treated this way. OP, you able to talk to any other family members about how you feel? xx

ImperialBlether Sun 23-Apr-17 20:22:45

Sorry, I didn't mean to snap! I'm really sorry you lost your mum flowers and it sounds as though you had a lovely relationship. Until I came on here I didn't realise how toxic some parents are. That's all I meant!

AliJoGee Sun 23-Apr-17 22:23:48

Hi, no worries, and yes we (my siblings and I) were very lucky indeed, our parents were diamonds. It's very sad to read posts from people who have or had bad relationships with their parents. I can really sympathise as my partner has a sour relationship with both his parents, he has tried to sort things out but to no avail. I really hope the lady who wrote this thread is able to find a way to cope with her mother, but it is obviously a very difficult situation. I wish her all the best, and am just sorry I can't be of much help! xx

StrawberryJelly00 Sun 23-Apr-17 22:25:29

An open conversation to tell her how you feel and how it is affecting you, failing that do it by letter or email.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now