Talk

Advanced search

Would you move away?

(4 Posts)
Saturn2016 Tue 04-Apr-17 06:31:39

My BF has asked me to buy a house with him (he would be quite happy for us to rent together first if I would prefer, or buy - it's up to me) however it is an hour and a half away from my home town, which I only moved back to about 18 months ago. I've been really unhappy since I moved back and wish I hadn't done so. Problem is my mum will be absolutely heartbroken if I move away again and DD has settled in really well in her new school and would have to move schools again - which I feel bad about.

For years my dream has been to have a little house in the country with a reasonable size garden for DD and this is what I could have if I move whereas on my own I can't afford anything like that and despite saving every month it's unlikely I ever will - or DD will be grown up by that time anyway.

So what would you do?

batch74 Tue 04-Apr-17 12:21:06

Do what is right for you and your DD. If you want to live with your BF, and he loves your DD then go for it. You can't pass up this chance just to keep your mum happy. I'd imagine she loves you very much and although she may be upset at first, I'd like to think that she'd want you to be happy, and if that's with BF then so be it.
You only have one life, live it how you want. You don't want to have to look back and regret doing what you wanted just to appease your mum.
Good luck.

Saturn2016 Tue 04-Apr-17 19:42:40

Thanks batch smile

I worry that I don't do it and regret it and then resent my mum for it. Feel like she pressurised me into moving back (her view is she was being supportive) but accept it was my mistake and then worry what if this turns out to be another one.

I feel bad uprooting DD a second time, but then it can't be good for her having a mum that's so unhappy

altiara Thu 06-Apr-17 22:14:23

DD - not sure how old she is, but will probably settle down wherever, sounds like she has the skills to make friends. The problem for me is that you're unhappy where you are. I'd move. 1.5 hours away isn't far to see your mum for the day. Also she must be expecting it if you're unhappy and have a BF that would be wanting to live with you at some point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now