Talk

Advanced search

2 interviews 2 jobs, same place?

(6 Posts)
Icloud54 Thu 30-Mar-17 15:52:27

I've been applying for jobs for the past couple of weeks. This company had 2 very similar jobs come up so I applied for them both. I now have been invited for interviews for the same day for the same company? Both different times ect and not the same people interviewing.
What shall I do??
Will it look bad if I don't tell them I have been invited for both the interviews?

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Thu 30-Mar-17 15:55:05

I expect they already know.

Icloud54 Thu 30-Mar-17 16:02:25

It's 2 different departments in a large ish building. Do you think they would know? Would it not be 2 different people whom shortlist for these posts?

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Thu 30-Mar-17 16:28:50

Totally depends how they do their recruitment but I would be surprised if they didn't know particularly if similar roles.

daisychain01 Sun 09-Apr-17 05:35:00

It will reflect better on you if you are open with both recruiting managers.

They may like you and agree between themselves that one of them will offer you the job.

If the company is that size then the HR department should know you've been invited to attend two interviews, so I suspect the interviewers must be aware. I would definitely say something just in case though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now