Talk

Advanced search

My neighbours cat is in my garden...........dead!

(111 Posts)
whoahokeycokey Thu 23-Mar-17 18:44:16

Just gone out to get the washing in before it goes dark and it's lying on the grass by the flower bed. It's dead! I hate it with a passion and now it's dead in my garden. Don't really get on with said neighbour as we've had issues with said cat pissing up my front door, shitting in flower beds and now it's dead. In my garden. I'm just about to put kids in bath. Husband not home till after 8. What do I do?

Semaphorically Thu 23-Mar-17 18:45:21

Gently lower it over the fence into its own garden.

IgglePigglesDildo Thu 23-Mar-17 18:45:24

Bit of rosemary, garlic 220 degrees in the oven for 80 minutes.

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:45:51

Oh dear. Are you worried your neighbour will think you killed their cat?

RedBugMug Thu 23-Mar-17 18:46:15

knock on your neighbours wall. and let them retrieve it back.

and then make a small happy dance

HoneyDragon Thu 23-Mar-17 18:47:30

Let your neighbour know. You've not murdered it. Even if they are wankers they deserve sympathy and compassion when they have lost their pet.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 23-Mar-17 18:47:50

Assuming you have wished it dead several times and now you have cat murderers guilt?
Wrap it up in a blanket and send dh around with it at 8.

2017SoFarSoGood Thu 23-Mar-17 18:48:52

oh dear, Whoa that's horrible for you! I am sorry.

Do nothing until DH is home, then one of you is going to have to go round there. <<Unless you can do a stealth sllliiiiiiddddddddeeeee under the fence?>>

Iggle made me snort my coffee all over my keyboard grin

greenwool Thu 23-Mar-17 18:48:52

I understand that you hated it but presumably it's their much loved pet. If you aren't on good enough terms to knock on their door, I'd go with the option of somehow placing it in their garden. It wouldn't be a pleasant experience but you can be comforted by the knowledge that it's the last problem you'll have with it until they get a new kitten

whoahokeycokey Thu 23-Mar-17 18:53:55

I'm not sure if it's died in garden or been 'lobbed' over fence by another pissed off neighbour. I fully understand they need to know/have cat back but I'm not relishing the thought of knock knock errr your cats in my garden and here's a box! They are very precious about it, although why have a cat and let it out is beyond me but that's another thread. Thanks, you're calming my nerves while kids in bath!!

whoahokeycokey Thu 23-Mar-17 18:54:58

I also can't place it in their garden as it's not accessible, funny cul-de-sac shape!

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:58:24

Think you have 2 choices really, wrap it up in a towel and take it round there expressing remorse or deny all knowledge and bury it in your garden! Which would be best for neighbourly relations?

Justmuddlingalong Thu 23-Mar-17 19:00:08

Can you say you found it on the pavement or road?

theworriedone Thu 23-Mar-17 19:02:05

I think I'd be inclined to take it round but say you found it outside of your garden? Don't want them suggesting foul play! shock

RhuBarbarella Thu 23-Mar-17 19:02:14

Don't be a dick, just go tell them. I understand you can't leave your kids but it is their pet. They'll probably thank you.

MrsMoastyToasty Thu 23-Mar-17 19:02:22

Or go round and say " your cats in my garden, I think it might be injured. .." and feign surprise when they pick it up and rigor mortis has set in.

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Thu 23-Mar-17 19:05:07

I'd wait for Dh to come home. Wrap it in a small blanket or towel and take it around to the neighbours. It is their family pet so they will probably be upset. It might ease the rift a little.

ThatIsNachoCheese Thu 23-Mar-17 19:08:07

Why on earth wouldn't they let it outside?
Just wrap it in an old towel and take it round to them.

Deux Thu 23-Mar-17 19:08:43

Oh dear. Go round looking all tearful and give them the news.

Are you in a fox area?. If you leave it the foxes will be off with it so best let them know.

GeorgeTheHamster Thu 23-Mar-17 19:09:18

Pretend you haven't noticed?

Msqueen33 Thu 23-Mar-17 19:09:35

After an awful day some of the replies to this thread have made me chuckle. I would say I found it on the road. Especially if they know you hate said cat.

Wolfiefan Thu 23-Mar-17 19:09:36

Of FFS. No wonder you don't get on with your neighbour. They shouldn't let it out? Poor cat.

PuppyMonkey Thu 23-Mar-17 19:12:29

They're very precious about it? hmm

You mean they love their cat? They will be very upset of course, but you have to go and let them know. You know you had nothing to do with the death so I'm sure it will be fine.

RIP catsad

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 19:12:42

RIP pussflowers

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 19:13:03

Ha x post!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now