Talk

Advanced search

High mobile data charges

(4 Posts)
teaforoneplease Wed 22-Mar-17 10:54:49

My DS ran up £500 of additional data charges with Vodafone over the last few months. I have spoken to Vodafone several times to take measures to avoid this repeating. In November 2016 I was told there was no way of capping the data and that notifications would go to my on's phone but could not come to me (bill payer). I was angry about this but couldn't do anything. In all conversations since then, Vodafone have not informed me of a new feature brought in in November 2016 (!) that allows me to cap my son's data allowance. Yesterday, I asked them directly again just to make sure there was no way I could do this and they said to test 'DATA CAP IN' to 40506. I am livid and I have made a complaint to Vodafone on the basis of a) the bill payer should be notified when the data allowance has been exceeded and b) Vodafone have withheld the conformation regarding the data cap feature introduced 4 months ago, combined with the fact that this feature is not shown on my online account and is not found when 'searched' on their site. Robbery!!

teaforoneplease Wed 22-Mar-17 10:55:56

Correction, text 'DATA CAP ON' to 40506

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 22-Mar-17 13:02:51

Imo vodofone are theiving bastards

Regards, one extremely irate EX vodofone customer.

podrig Sun 26-Mar-17 17:58:35

Don't get me wrong, IA voda are robbing bastards, but..... Surely your son has some responsibility here and it should be he who is taught it's unacceptable to be so careless with others people's money???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now