Talk

Advanced search

Best friend

(7 Posts)
user1490134173 Tue 21-Mar-17 22:10:24

Hi all new to mumsnet just wanted some advice !
So I'm a single mum , and I work part time
I don't get any benefits apart from child benefit ,
So I don't have lots of money spear .
But I do my best .i had to sell my car last month as couldn't afford the incurance .
So I found a new one this week and paid the deposit eg , was spouses to pick it up today but had a bank error and pay slip dident come in ,
So anyways I ask my best friend 15 year to lend me the money as she is quiet well of (millionaire) only a grand for a few days ,
And we'll she said no and kind of said I was begging for money and I should work harder to get money eg .
We had a big argument , am I in the wrong or her ?

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 21-Mar-17 22:17:48

Some people just never lend or borrow money. . .
But she didn't have to be rude. .

user1490134173 Tue 21-Mar-17 22:31:44

Yep but she dose other people , I she has borrowed money of me for Holliday eg years ago when I was better off then her ,
Just bit annoyed that's she's trying to say I'm begging ,
When we go out out I always pay my own way and sometimes pay for her aswell
But when she's out with other peoples she will pay for dinner lunch even new clothes ,
And they use her and I don't , think I need to cut her off ??

MommaGee Tue 21-Mar-17 22:38:15

I think you need to talk top her calmly and explain how offended you are and take it from there

user1490134173 Tue 21-Mar-17 22:53:39

Okay thanks smile

HerOtherHalf Tue 21-Mar-17 23:00:28

She's not obliged to lend you any money. If you're annoyed at the way she said no then tell her and sort that out. If you're annoyed she wouldn't lend you money that's her choice. Maybe she thinks you will struggle to pay it back and it might sour your ftiendship. Maybe she doesn't have as much spare cash as you think. Maybe she just doesn't like lending money. Whatever her reason, she doesn't have to lend to you or explain why.

user1490134173 Tue 21-Mar-17 23:04:46

I'm not angry she won't lend me money, I think it's a bit rude as I have lent her money lots of times in the past and helped her a lot ,
I just fell like Iv asked her for one favour
And she can't help me in my time of need ,
And she's not sort of cash she always shows me her online banking or her lump of cash in the house eg
So I know she's not hard up ,
Just hurt my felling that she's calling me a begged and saying I don't work hard enough .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now