Noisy mates hanging round the counter in coffee shop?

(3 Posts)
ShotsFired Sat 18-Mar-17 19:51:55

I am in a <brand name> coffee shop. I arrived 30mins before close, so the staff are starting to tidy up - fine. I came for a quiet cuppa and read of my book to pass a bit of time.

As well as the two staff, there are two other people, either off duty staff or friends (in everyday clothes).

These other two are being really loud and annoying, calling out, making funny noises, "heckling" the staff member trying to sweep up (so they're calling at him loud enough to reach him the other side of the store), playing noisy videos etc. They are also physically lounging all over the counter bit where you collect your drinks/almost standing behind the counter.

I don't often come in here so interested in how more regular coffee shop users would perceive this?

I'm finding it bloody annoying frankly. Their shouts and noisy videos keep distracting me from my book and I can't imagine this would be happening during (say) lunchtime, which would suggest this level of disturbance is not acceptable now either?

What is the MN judgment?

Lilaclily Sat 18-Mar-17 19:54:08

I'd assume they're all going out after the shift as it's a Saturday night, I'd let it go tbh

ShotsFired Sat 18-Mar-17 20:00:58

Don't think so. This shop is one attached to a shop and the mates had a trolley full of bags.

(They have since left)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now