Talk

Advanced search

Former friend leaving

(3 Posts)
mynachos Thu 16-Mar-17 00:34:04

I have worked in current job for nearly 7 years. Was part of a close tight knit group of friends who one by one all departed for various reasons. One friend let's call her A remained but unfortunately we grew apart. She got promoted and became very arrogant. Also we had a very honest relationship and could talk about anything. Make comment and critisize one another when needed. That all stopped and she couldn't take anything without a massive strop. I also cared a lot less about work. Would still work hard but my heart was not in it anymore....... was looking for something different in another field altogether. We grew apart. She made new friends and I maintained friendships.with the old crew. Anyhoo. She has just announced shes leaving. Im pleased for her. Better money and more prospects....
..there will be a collection. Drinks etc. I generally don't go out all that often anymore (young children) . Do I put in for the general collection or get her a little something personally? She was a gold friend for many years..... there was no major fall out...... what to do!? First world problem I know 😉

Pottedplants Thu 16-Mar-17 01:11:18

I've been in a similar position and I bought a separate gift at the time. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't as I think the friendship (of sorts) had meant more to me than her. I think a personal handwritten card would have been more appropriate without being over the top.

I'd put money in the general collection but would also leave a little card on her desk from you personally wishing her well.

mynachos Thu 16-Mar-17 11:43:51

Yes I will defo put into the general collection.... I would do that for anyone. A little card seems the must appropriate way to go I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now