Talk

Advanced search

Trust issues with friends

(4 Posts)
Niceguystuart516056 Wed 15-Mar-17 08:37:19

hello, my other half of 2 years is a very insecure person. I try to be supportive and loving but it got really worse over the weekend. She has asked me to delete one of my closest friends as she feels I'm too emotionally involved with her. she has a partner and we have both helped each other through depression and anxiety over the years. I didn't want to lose my other half so I deleted her. I now regret this the day after and have friend requested etc back explaining what had happened.
my friend has offered to talk to my other half and say nothing is going on but she refuses to listen. About two years ago I mentioned my friend was pretty and my other half had read a few texts that were quite flirty. I didn't even realize how flirty I was being as that was always how we spoke. After that the flirting stopped but I've had to delete messages from her containing private stuff about her life.
I happily let o/h go through my phone (even though this isn't really healthy) I have nothing to hide.
anyway... what do I do? do I end a friendship of 5 years? I've begged my other half for me not to do this. she isn't listening. I'm just afraid that this will happen again and again with my other friends eventually too.
help?

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 15-Mar-17 15:30:57

Have they met? If your friendship is important to you then you are entitled to keep it - however - you dp is entitled to feel the way she does too. Maybe she is a bit envious that you can talk to your friend so freely but not her so much? Explain you are the person she loves because of the support you have gained along the way and the least she can do is acknowledge your friend over dinner to clear the air. .
If she won't budge then maybe she is so insecure she will ensure you have no female friends if you stick around long enough.

Niceguystuart516056 Wed 15-Mar-17 15:56:02

They met once.... I definitely think that the sex of my friend determines whether she likes them or not. I know this isn't going to end well... I was hoping for someone to give me hope. I don't think this is going to happen and I think its time I realize this.
thank you

Shoedisaster Wed 15-Mar-17 16:01:05

Where does her mistrust come from? How old are you both? Have you stopped flirting with your friend?

I used to be very insecure and nervous about boyfriends friends having had a bad experience in the past. The only thing that helped me was growing up really. Also I met dh who has a few female friends, they were very welcoming and treated me like I was their new friend. That helped massively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now