Talk

Advanced search

Should we get an SUV?

(4 Posts)
clarkey82 Tue 14-Mar-17 14:05:03

Hi, we've got our first baby due in June and i'm wondering if the family car should be replaced with something more child friendly. We currently have a Jaguar XF saloon, its got a big boot (although not very high) and can take a buggy + shopping / luggage but a lot of my friends and colleagues are saying I should swap it for something like a Nissan Qashqai (or however that's spelt) or Kia Sportage. Something higher up so getting baby in and out isn't such a back breaking chore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is having a normal saloon car a problem?
Thanks.

OhisHOME Wed 22-Mar-17 14:42:45

YOUR car sounds fine

ShowMeWhatYouGot Wed 22-Mar-17 23:23:15

No, people have managed for years with lower cars and babies. If you want one though just get one, but it's not needed x

mylittlemonkey Sat 25-Mar-17 08:18:03

We didn't get an SUV until we had our third and that was because we needed a big enough car to fit 3 seats across the back, so talking a big 4x4. Our other car is an Audi A6 and before that we had an Audi A5 which is very low and that was absolutely fine. It's more whether there is space in the back for baby pram etc, which yours has so I wouldn't go to the trouble of changing cars, unless you want a new car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now