Talk

Advanced search

If your baby likes to sleep with her face in the mattress!?

(10 Posts)
ricecrispies16 Fri 03-Mar-17 23:25:35

6 month old baby, likes to sleep on her tummy which worries me anyway but I've just come to bed to find her sleeping with her entire face in the mattress, completely face down! I have turned her over onto her back but she will roll again soon. What do I do?!

MrsDustyBusty Fri 03-Mar-17 23:30:12

I don't think there's much you can do. I suppose if they can roll themselves it's safe enough.

BossWitch Fri 03-Mar-17 23:32:07

My health visitor basically said if you put them down on their back, you've done your bit! If they roll themselves over they can probably roll themselves back.

ricecrispies16 Fri 03-Mar-17 23:38:55

It's not so frightening when she has her head to the side but for her to be completely facedown is making me anxious

ItsReginaPhalange Fri 03-Mar-17 23:56:28

My little one is 8 months and has been doing this from 6 months. He gets such a bad dribble rash from it too! But if they can roll there isn't much you can do, just keep putting them on their back to sleep. I have the Angelcare breathing monitor which gives me a bit of peace of mind though.

MommaGee Fri 03-Mar-17 23:58:27

If you can tomorrow put your face into the mattress line she does and breathe. If you can, don't worry. If not maybe consider a breathable mattress cos you won't train her to sleep any other way

ricecrispies16 Sat 04-Mar-17 00:12:09

She's turned back over now. The mattress is breathable, when we first bought it I did the breathing test grin I think it's because it's drummed into parents so forcefully that babies should never ever sleep on their front that it makes you worry more.

I am definitely going to get a movement sensor for extra peace of mine

ricecrispies16 Sat 04-Mar-17 00:12:20

Mind*

MommaGee Sat 04-Mar-17 00:27:23

Mine HATED tummy time, refused to do it or crawl, roll over etc UNLESS HE WAS ASLEEP!!!!!!!!!!

ricecrispies16 Sat 04-Mar-17 23:52:20

She's face down again !!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now