Talk

Advanced search

Complimentary bar

(9 Posts)
lifesuckssometimes Sat 25-Feb-17 23:29:18

In a hotel, complimentary bar, 2 beers, 2 wine, 2 Coke, 2 water. Nice toiletries etc. Take home or leave?

viques Sat 25-Feb-17 23:38:44

Can you not afford to buy your own water , coke etc? if it is included in the room then I would drink them while I was there but honestly couldn't be arsed to lug them home. I take toiletries if I have started them, but leave if I haven't as I have plenty of stuff at home (except for shower caps, I am a sucker for shower caps and always take them!)

Ps I take. It you mean complementary, not bottles that tell you you are looking fabulous today darling!

DramaAlpaca Sat 25-Feb-17 23:42:29

viques OP's use of 'complimentary' is correct, actually.

OP, are you sure it's a free bar? Check first, mini bars cost a fortune.

I wouldn't take them home, tbh, or the toiletries.

IrregularCommentary Sat 25-Feb-17 23:44:20

Complimentary does also mean free of charge. OP was correct.

Complementary = things that go together. The complimentary coke might complement the free vodka, for example.

I'd snaffle the lot tbh, but aware that might just be a weird compulsion!

lifesuckssometimes Sat 25-Feb-17 23:47:35

Definitely free. We were told to help yourself.

OnHold Sat 25-Feb-17 23:49:19

I would take them.

MiddleClassProblem Sat 25-Feb-17 23:49:39

I always take the toiletries but prob wouldn't take the drinks but def drink some whilst there

Sweets101 Sat 25-Feb-17 23:49:45

I wouldn't bother with the water beer or toiletries personally

lifesuckssometimes Sat 25-Feb-17 23:51:29

*Viques https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&hl=en-gb&q=complimentary+vs+complementary&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP24_Ot6zSAhXqCcAKHev4DHYQ1QIIrwEoAQ&biw=320&bih=529*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now