Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find 30th present for DP!

(8 Posts)
GimbleInTheWabe Fri 24-Feb-17 11:23:00

It's my DPs 30th in about 4 weeks and I have no idea what to get for him!
I bought him a lovely watch for Christmas so that one is covered.
He's a barista so is really in to his coffee but already seems to own every piece of kit there it out there and he's pretty fussy when it comes to the right beans etc.
He doesn't really have any hobbies but is in to running. He's not a big drinker and would hate a surprise party.
We're going away to Iceland over his birthday so maybe there's something special we can do whilst we're there?
I'd love any ideas you have please! Thanks in advance!

girlelephant Fri 24-Feb-17 11:27:22

A photo book to mark his life so far from many pictures to up to date ones. Really easy to do & delivered within s few days. You can pick up cheap small photo scanners for the pictures you only have a hard copy of.

Cufflinks
Pen
Wallet

Does he like alcohol? If so a special bottle of his favourite drink that he wouldn't treat himself to

girlelephant Fri 24-Feb-17 11:27:54

Woops you mentioned not a big drinker blush

doodlejump1980 Fri 24-Feb-17 11:30:00

If you're going to Iceland why don't you get him a tour/experience whilst you're there over his birthday?
Blue lagoon/ glacier/volcano trek or tour quad biking?

GimbleInTheWabe Fri 24-Feb-17 11:36:15

I love the picture book idea but I don't know if it's very 'him' if I'm honest. Think it'd be more of a gift that I'd enjoy (I'd absolute love something like that!). He never wears a suit so cufflibks would sit in the box really (he's a barista so is in t shirt and jeans every day!) and I have already got him an aspinal card holder which he uses. Thank you for the suggestions though, I appreciate you taking the time to post.

I might look in to quad biking actually he'd like something like that. He's pretty active. We're doing a self drive tour so we could easily add something like that in and I could keep it as a surprise. We've planned lots of other things whilst we're there so that could be a fun surprise. Can you quad bike whilst your pregnant?! I am 9 weeks.. it should be fine right?!

girlelephant Fri 24-Feb-17 17:29:41

Congratulations on the baby smile. I'd be surprised if you were allowed to quad bike while pregnant, I wasn't even allowed on slow moving boats in Asia as companies tend to be strict. Worth asking though!

catsarenice Fri 24-Feb-17 17:46:21

Are there any places near you that you could get an annual pass for? Chessington or a castle, or zoo if he's into anything like that?

GimbleInTheWabe Fri 24-Feb-17 21:09:25

Thanks GirlElephant I've found a company online so have emailed them to check! The tours are 6 hrs long so doesn't sound like such a good idea for me!

And thank you for the suggestion about a pass as it reminded me that he did start going rock climbing not that long ago but did had to rent the shoes etc so maybe I could get him a pass and some climbing shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now