Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby sleeping arrangements

(4 Posts)
TileTileTile Wed 22-Feb-17 10:55:08

Hi, not sure what topic to post this under but here goes.

DC1 is due later this year. I will be getting a bedside crib type thing for them to sleep in for first 6 months, then they will go into a cot in their own room.

The room has space for a cot plus a single bed, so I was thinking about putting both in there. My DH travels A LOT for work and often needs to get up at 4am for flights and then still work till 6pm so i was thinking the single bed will be useful as:

1 while baby is small if he is having to get up for early flight, baby and I can sleep in the baby's room with me in single bed and baby in bedside crib. That way DH can hopefully get enough sleep to function for his v long day.

2 once baby grows out of cot they can use the single bed rather than going into a toddler bed.

Is this a silly idea? Will abnormal single bed not be suitable for a toddler and therefore be a waste of money? Any opinions appreciated.

Autumnsunshinebaby Wed 22-Feb-17 11:01:55

Perfect solution and exactly what we did with dc1 and will be doing with dc2. You might want to consider a bed guard/rail made of fabric/netting type thing once the toddler moves into the single bed to prevent them from rolling out.

MrEBear Wed 22-Feb-17 11:09:09

The only thing that you need to watch for is some single beds can be quite high for toddlers to climb up into. However if your cot is actually a cot bed then you could convert it to toddler bed and use it until LO is able to get in the single unassisted.

However my LO who was very short went into single bed from a cot. However i did buy the lowest one I could find.

ReginaPhalange1 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:09:46

That's exactly what I am planning on doing - don't see problem with it and OH gets nights sleep undisturbed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now