Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me where I can get good quality basic long sleeve tops?

(22 Posts)
mowgelijeffs Sat 04-Feb-17 09:30:10

Hi there ladies,

I've noticed that the quality of tops seem to be declining. I need some long sleeve plain and also stripy tops. I used to love marks and spencer for these but I bought lots before Christmas and they have bobbled.
Can you please recommend where to get some? Should I just buy cheap ones and keep replacing them (this feels so wrong)?

originalmavis Sat 04-Feb-17 09:35:58

I wear these a lot and generally get primark cheapo ones as they do get smelly and ratty because they are next to the skin. At least they are cheap and you can get lots of colours, patterns, stripes... I've got some other, more expensive ones but primark is absolutely fine.

mowgelijeffs Sat 04-Feb-17 09:37:11

Thanks Mavis.
I have to admit I've never been to Primark shockI'll have a look today if I pass one!

PremierCru Sat 04-Feb-17 09:37:40

Uniqlo are fantastic for these!

originalmavis Sat 04-Feb-17 09:39:10

The ones I get are the long sleeved stretchy cotton ones - I usually the a jumper it cardigans over, or a shirt skeevet tip/dress. They are usually only a couple of ££.

originalmavis Sat 04-Feb-17 09:39:47

I used to get muji but they are a little short cut me!

originalmavis Sat 04-Feb-17 09:40:34

Dear god, my predictive text is bonkers today!

CatOnAWarmTinRoof Sat 04-Feb-17 09:41:06

Ive got a few matalan long sleeved t shirts, I think they're labelled as modal. Under a tenner, and mine are a couple of years old.
However last time I looked they seemed thinner and a bit see through

TotalPerspectiveVortex Sat 04-Feb-17 09:45:51

I have a large collection of these from peacocks. Around £4 each and good enough quality. Especially for work but nice enough to put on with jeans for weekend errands etc.

Mummysh0rtlegs Sat 04-Feb-17 09:47:14

I agree with primark. I am currently wearing a Breton style one and it is washing and wearing well. I use them for layering. Red herring at debenhams is good too.

rollonthesummer Sat 04-Feb-17 09:51:06

Hennes-they are fab!

I have to admit I've never been to Primark shock

shock NEVER???

flowersandfoxes Sat 04-Feb-17 09:51:31

Joules/ Boden for stripes in general however I've been really impressed by the quality of Sainsbury's tops. Very spot and affordable.

mowgelijeffs Sat 04-Feb-17 09:53:36

We don't have a Uniqlo near us.
I've never heard of Peacocks! (I'm not from England originally)
Going to order some online. Seems like the general opinion is just get average ones and then dump em'.
The colours always seem to dull as well don't they.

mowgelijeffs Sat 04-Feb-17 09:55:46

I love Sainsburys for my son! Great shout.

flowersandfoxes Sat 04-Feb-17 09:57:59

Spot = soft!

Millybingbong Sat 04-Feb-17 09:59:10

Sainos!

Kelsar Sat 04-Feb-17 10:02:52

H&M are always good for them!

mowgelijeffs Sat 04-Feb-17 10:08:17

I've ordered some from sainsburys thank you

pissflaps45 Sat 04-Feb-17 11:27:44

I got a lovely stripey one and a plain one from Sainsburys and they wash and tumble well. The Primary ones are OK too but don't last as well. Oh and Next do quite nice plain ones for about £6 each

empirerecordsrocked Sat 04-Feb-17 11:29:07

Sainsbury's are a bit thicker. The primary ones are too see through for my liking.

livelyredjellybean Sat 04-Feb-17 18:41:27

I have some lovely Next ones!

mowgelijeffs Thu 09-Feb-17 23:07:17

Just went to marks and spencer and it's all the same as the winter but they have two new stripey one.
Sainsburys were good. Have worn the long sleeve white one today and it wasn't see through and had a nice snug fit 😬 thanks ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now