Talk

Advanced search

Not sure if right thread - thought of moving back to hometown

(2 Posts)
user1465897392 Fri 03-Feb-17 20:49:27

Hello all - sorry if this isn't the right place to post.. but I have been stewing this over and would real value some advice.

DH and I are looking for a house to start a family, we cant get what we want in London and have to move out.

SO - long and short is that the town I was bought up in/went to school etc etc is absolutely perfect and just about affordable but I have a real phobia about going back..it's the small town syndrome... It sounds silly but a lot of my old 'friends' are still living there and it fills me with horror the thought of hearing about them/seeing them.. I have to admit that I was no angel in the past and moving back to my hometown reminds me of an unhappy and lonely person... it doesnt bring out the best in me (I am prone to depression and anxiety too).

My DH doesnt understand any of the above, he thinks I am being motional and should suck it up.. I am just really worried that I will regret moving back and become resentful about it, always feel like I could have started afresh..my DH reminds me wisely that it shouldn't be about me, but about where is best to raise children.
What would you do and how would you try to make your other half aware see how you feel?

Thinkingofausername1 Mon 13-Feb-17 18:45:22

It's hard when you've moved away and have bad memories of where you grew up. I am not sure if I would want to move back to my hometown; it would be different and people have moved on. I guess you could look at it that way, that you have moved on and you are a different person now. You can start afresh and if it has local links to London it is going to make life easier for your dh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now