Talk

Advanced search

Does this class as slander/defamination?

(6 Posts)
ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Wed 01-Feb-17 14:37:57

Sorry this may sound petty, don't want to drip feed so bare with me.

Started a job, within a few weeks I was let go and told to come back when DC were in secondary school hmm, obviously I was gutted.

Fast forward a week and an employee has been telling people I was "sacked for bitching about everyone and acting a bitch"
This couldn't be further from the truth, they all spoke about eachother but I was careful not to participate.

I live in a small place so this has spread like wildfire, I'm a quiet person and have bad anxiety so haven't even left the house since this.

I've rang the workplace and told the manager about this, she was shocked and said as far as she was aware the reason I was let go was because I wasn't very flexible with shifts (had already discussed this in interview but fair enough).
She said to ring back and speak to the owner about it Friday as she's away but I know nothing will be done.

I don't like confrontation but this has really hurt me that people think I'm like that, it's so far from the truth.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Wed 01-Feb-17 15:20:07

Forgot to add - WWYD blush

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Wed 01-Feb-17 21:03:23

Anyone? smile

pluck Thu 02-Feb-17 09:40:52

I'm sorry, I can"t answer this directly, but you might get more, and better informed, responses if you re-post this in Employment matters (or Legal).

Good luck! This sounds really unfair, and could cause problems for you getting other jobs, which would be demonstrable financial damage! What if you couldn't afford to wait to get a job till your kids are in secondary?!

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Thu 02-Feb-17 21:42:18

Thank you pluck I will do smile
I know I really need a job and so little around here.

pluck Fri 03-Feb-17 22:33:18

Good luck!! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now