Talk

Advanced search

Really getting to me WWYD

(7 Posts)
Rebeccajane14 Tue 31-Jan-17 17:56:55

WWYD-My DPs best friend is lovely we get on with him well however last year fell out with his girlfriend this was due to ongoing problems with her trying to get between mine and DPs relationship. This girl is now messaging my DPs mum!! We're all adults and I've stated how immature this is. However yesterday I found out she has told DPs mum that she fancies my partner. My partner doesn't know what to do whether to tell his best friend that his girlfriend has been telling people she fancies him or just leave it. Help!!

Ilovecaindingle Wed 01-Feb-17 10:22:44

If dp's dm knows then it's only fair that the friend also knows. . She is a fruit loop he need to be avoiding!!
And you can all have a laugh together also! grin

ParadiseCity Wed 01-Feb-17 10:24:42

'We're all adults'... erm... are you sure?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 01-Feb-17 13:16:29

yesterday I found out she has told DPs mum that she fancies my partner.
shock
I'd have no hesitation in enlightening DP's best friend if DP doesn't.

MiscellaneousAssortment Sat 04-Feb-17 02:15:37

Err, it's difficult to know how to engage with someone who is determined to act like a child isn't it?!

Definitely tell your DP, its awkward that you and his mum know something that concerns him that he himself doesn't.

Then perhaps your DP could have a word with his best friend directly, and say it's really awkward that the girlfriend is behaving like this? It is very odd that she's going around telling random people secrets and spurring in this way. Don't join in as that's what she's aiming for, step back and let the main relationship have some space (your DP and his friend).

Good luck though, it's all such a waste of time, energy and friendship...

GruochMacAlpin Sat 04-Feb-17 02:32:51

Tell the best friend - why wouldn't you?

Speak to DP's Mum and explain the situation and that messaging this woman isn't a great idea.

Figglesticks Fri 24-Feb-17 11:15:24

I would get evidence of what she has messaged your DPs mum and say to DPs best friend "I don't want to be involved in her antics any more. I get on well with you and please don't take this as me pushing you away but I cannot be around her. Please ask her to stop and leave us alone. Then make sure you, DP and DPs mum have blocked her on social media and phones etc and carry on with your lives going nc with her. Doesn't have to be NC with the friend but if he doesn't accept his girlfriend has done anything wrong then it may be that he chooses to. But what's more important? Your relationship with your DP and not being around a childish fruit loop or DPs friendship? Just let him know you will be there for friend no matter what, just not there for her at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now