Talk

Advanced search

Help

(3 Posts)
Mummyofalittlelady Sun 22-Jan-17 21:31:53

I have a daughter from a previous relationship, I met someone when she was eight months old and as it always is it was perfect to begin with, then his behaviour changed and began to be mentally and emotionally abusing me and became slightly controlling, he even stopped working because he was paranoid about what I was doing whilst he was there. A lot has gone on in the past six months anyway that honestly do make me feel shit when I think about it. Once I was a few days late for my period on Halloween ( we took my daughter out ) and he was screaming at me in the street calling my daughter a mistake with a tramp, telling me if I was pregnant we was keeping it, stuff like that, so we was walking outside him screaming at me and me in tears, I came on, he didn't see the harm in the way he acted/made me feel or anything, I don't want another baby, he doesn't understand that! Three months of being with him and he was wanting a baby from me! Anyway, I left him before new year and I also found out I was pregnant.. I didn't tell him, he wasn't in the right frame of mind mentally and for three weeks everyday none stop he was messaging me, pecking head, turning up at my house with gifts and saying how things would change. I had a termination. He wore me down and I took him back, I hate myself. When we're good we're amazing but that's maybe 2 days a week, I can't put myself or my daughter through these horrible moments any longer and I can't forgive myself for not telling him, I know it was the right thing to do but wow, I need help or advice or just someone to listen and understand and not judge me

Mungobungo Sun 22-Jan-17 21:35:17

It sounds like you're in a really horrible relationship, but I'm not sure what kind of advice you want.
You know that he is abusive and I'm sure you're very aware of what kind of life that means for you and your daughter. What matters now is what you do next. Do you want to be with him, knowing that he's volatile and speaks to you in such a horrible way or are you going to walk away and stay away for a better future for you and your daughter?

twofloorsup Sun 22-Jan-17 21:36:16

Things will only get worse in someone with those personality traits.
I speak from personal experience and 12 years of putting up with that sort of behaviour. I would say do not tell him , you could be putting yourself at risk. I'd recommend getting away to safety with your daughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now