Talk

Advanced search

Illegal or just immoral?

(8 Posts)
northernmonkey1010 Thu 19-Jan-17 21:17:11

If I am driving down a dual carriageway and there's a funeral hearse with a funeral procession behind it is it illegal or just immoral to overtake it? Came across the situation today panicked and ended up turning off the carriageway and parking up.

dottydee3 Thu 19-Jan-17 21:19:13

Neither

Sunseed Thu 19-Jan-17 21:20:10

Neither illegal nor immoral. However, it would be respectful to pass sedately rather than gunning your engine.

AndNowItsSeven Thu 19-Jan-17 21:22:10

Of course it's immoral, have some respect.

Jasperthedog Thu 19-Jan-17 21:22:11

Neither. You can overtake respectfully.

tigerdriverII Thu 19-Jan-17 21:23:07

Certainly not illegal!

Morality depends on the situation. If it's a short bit of dual carriageway I'd hang back. If it's 20 miles to the next exit, I'd drive carefully past but not showily.

Mum and I were running a bit late for my dads funeral and I had to overtake the hearse to get there before it did, which was what we'd agreed we'd do. That was one awkward driving manoeuvre.

Twatternatter Fri 20-Jan-17 14:37:41

On a dual carriageway, overtaking at a respectful pace wound be fine. I wouldn't overtake a hearse on a single carriageway though.

kel12345 Fri 20-Jan-17 14:44:19

It's neither illegal or immoral I don't think.
That said personally I wouldn't do it. How would you feel if it was you in the funeral procession and someone did that to you?
I even stop walking and bow my head if I see a funeral going past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now