Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going or not going back work?

(6 Posts)
iamdivergent Sun 15-Jan-17 20:46:08

Currently on mat leave, due back early June. 3 dcs, one baby, one in primary school and one in secondary school. DH in f/t work if relevent and supportive of all options.

Choices are:

A) go back to work - p/t, 5 days per week during school hours so able to do drop off/pick up, unable to further reduce hours or be in less days - after childcare the family pot would be approx £100pcm better off with this option hmm
B) become a stay at home mum for a few years (poss until ds is eligible for funded childcare)
C) go to college and retrain - likely to be at least 3yrs as would have to enter at a relatively low level due to lack of qualifications - having spoken to the college, based on DH income I/we would be entitled to help with childcare costs and a small bursary.

So WWYD?

Manumission Sun 15-Jan-17 20:49:22

What do you want to do?

What is the retraining all about? Will it lead to work that is more interesting or better paid? What are college hours like?

Ellasshitholekitchen Sun 15-Jan-17 20:49:53

B)

iamdivergent Sun 15-Jan-17 20:57:03

Course I could enter in at is either 2 or 3 days pw 0930-1630.

Not sure about more interesting but definately more money. Looking to work up to be a TA. I have little to no chance to advance where I am (low level admin role).

Manumission Sun 15-Jan-17 21:02:44

If you're keen on C, do C but I'm not completely sure you sound keen.

iamdivergent Sun 15-Jan-17 21:21:32

The thing that puts me off is having to put ds in childcare. I think I'm leaning towards B for now but I hate the thought of being seen as scrounging in a sense. DH doesn't see it that way, he is very aware of the amount I do re housework/childcare.

So hard to know what to do for the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now