Talk

Advanced search

Poolside baby

(12 Posts)
passremarkable Fri 13-Jan-17 01:20:54

Hi, so going to Center parcs with 4 month baby. He has bad reflux so doesn't tolerate lying flat for very long.
He loves the jumperoo. Pretty good head control.

We'd like to spend fair bit of time at pool with our other kids but thinking the little chap likely to need some "me time" poolside without being constantly handled.

Anyone have any ideas for suitable portable baby seats to keep him upright?

Suspect we wouldn't be allowed buggy poolside (will have our double buggy bc also have a toddler).

Anyone know of any inflatable rings/cushions/nest that would keep him upright?

I've had a Google but not gotten very far.

Thank you!!

Rubyslippers7780 Fri 13-Jan-17 01:26:46

Not sure which centre parcs you are going to but the one we went to had cafe with nice seating poolside to the baby area...literally chairs almost in the water where mums could feed newborns / tiny babies etc. So think you could easily sit there with him

passremarkable Fri 13-Jan-17 01:30:50

Thanks Ruby for replying, esp at this hour! it's Whinfell. I think I'll be fine to sit & feed. The tricky bit is somewhere to put him down to play? I'd have lain my other one on a mat at that age but this LO won't manage that.
I'd love to come up with something so we can spend the day at the pool, rather than having to keep coming in & out.
I want to avoid the expense of a cabana too. Hmm...

passremarkable Fri 13-Jan-17 02:03:34

Also just thinking what do people nap their babies on there?

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 13-Jan-17 03:29:01

I just used the car seat last year as I was only in the pool for about 20 mins each time so could leave DH with the toddlers and pop and feed the baby. I put it at the edge of the baby pool in a corner but and just lurked beside it.

How well can he support himself? Is a bum I an option?

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 13-Jan-17 03:29:16

Bumbo!

Rubyslippers7780 Fri 13-Jan-17 03:29:42

Whinfeld is where we were! It is fab. I was trying to remember if people had buggies but I can't remember seeing any...it is so set up for babies I'm sure you'll be fine. Have a lovely time

JigglyTuff Fri 13-Jan-17 03:39:59

The one in Europe I went to recently had playpens for babies - not sure if they have them in the U.K.?

GiftsOnTheFireLogsOnTheTree Fri 13-Jan-17 07:12:37

I second a bumbo although you shouldn't really leave them alone as they can topple out.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 13-Jan-17 08:23:22

Yes - I just basically said that at the side but in the water with DD in the car seat right behind me but slightly to the side do I could see it all the time . At least it means you can get in the water although you can't move around but you can take turn with your DH. I also put two towels under the car seat because that made it more grippy

If you use the bumbo, get the tray too as that helps to keep them in

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 13-Jan-17 08:23:54

Sorry basically said that

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 13-Jan-17 08:24:33

Aaarhhh - "I basically sat at the side but in the water"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now