Talk

Advanced search

Help!!

(3 Posts)
TTLYConfused Wed 11-Jan-17 23:04:52

I'm happily married to my loving oh, we met at 16 and have been together for 13 years, I always seem to have more guy friends than girls friends but a few years ago I distanced myself from my best friend he is that "like a brother" friend who I love with all my heart but not in a romantic way at all, I had to distance myself from him as I wanted him to find a person who could love him the way I love my oh and I wanted him to not love me they way he does, he literally worshipped the ground I walked on, anyway, tonight after two years of limited to no contact we happened upon each other and his eyes lit up like a child at Christmas bounded over to me hugged me and it felt right he told me he had missed me and I said I'd missed him too (I wasn't lying I have missed him!) but I don't want him to want more, it's so hard as I want him in my life and I want to be able to love him as my best mate but I know he will love me more and I don't want to hurt him or "lead him on" any advice?

Ilovemygsd Wed 11-Jan-17 23:08:08

Unfortunately you'll have to stay no contact in my opinion. Happened to me once. He'll never fall out of love with you if you're there and he'll never be able to move on while he's in love with you sad

TTLYConfused Wed 11-Jan-17 23:12:10

That's what I was worried about GSD I think you could be right! I really do miss him but it's for his own good isn't it! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now