Talk

Advanced search

Is there a way around snuffle babe dilemma

(8 Posts)
Apfelbunny Tue 10-Jan-17 05:46:07

There's a point very early on with snuffle babe (and later with sudocreme) where the majority of the stuff goes up your nail rather than on your finger.
Sounds trivial but it's really irritating because I end up wasting so much that way - I don't even have long nails, they're long enough that I can untie any knot but not so long they touch my screen when I'm typing because I hate that

Anyone else get this and found a way round it? I usually conveniently get the hubby to put it on at night, but during the day I obviously can't do that...

celeryeater Tue 10-Jan-17 05:53:21

Move your finger the other way so you're scraping it up onto the back of your nail.

lornathewizzard Tue 10-Jan-17 07:11:53

Use cotton buds

SpotTheDuck Tue 10-Jan-17 07:39:27

I have long nails and sort of swipe the fleshy bit of my finger over the cream, so it's only on the finger pad and it never goes up my nail.

BendingSpoons Tue 10-Jan-17 07:44:08

I get it out with the back of my nail and either put it on like that or wipe it onto another finger.

I did wonder how you could have a Snufflebabe dilemma!

Apfelbunny Tue 10-Jan-17 11:04:22

I just sort of stick my finger in and try to avoid the edges, I guess once it's got an indent in it it'll be easier.

(Yes, I need coffee, sugar and caffeine and maybe some sleep)

KenzieBoosMummy Thu 12-Jan-17 12:22:39

I'm actually incredulous that there is a thread about such an almost non-existent niggle.

#GenerationSnowflake springs to mind.

How have you managed to procreate if you cannot even figure out how to get some paste out of a small jar without getting it up your nail?!?!?!? hmm I have never got it up my nail and I have longer nails than you describe yours as...... I'm genuinely.....gobsmacked

Apfelbunny Thu 12-Jan-17 13:04:08

Lighten up a little - it was just a daft thought I had brought to life via the powers of a baby who wants to feed throughout the night.
Im so far removed from a snowflake it's unreal
;0)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now