Talk

Advanced search

legal advice pictures on social media of my daughter by ex husbands new girlfriend

(8 Posts)
bakez Sun 01-Jan-17 07:26:21

bakez

my ex husband current gf is posting pictures of my girls on social media networks i've already seen a solicitor to advice i don't want her to but 3 months down the line she's doing it again when i asked her politely to take off she tells me to jog on and i'm a twisted person yet again this ain't the first time for her to bad mouth me on public social media plus txt messages slating me as a bad mum. plus the children's daddy has no transport at the moment and isn't willing to take public transport to see them i take them their as my girls wouldn't see him as he won't take public transport cause it costs too much, he gives money but last time he just said aww give it up next time i replied no sorry gonna have to be ur responsibility to pick the girls up am I right or am I wrong please help!x

Scarydinosaurs Sun 01-Jan-17 07:32:22

Separate the two issues:

1. Facilitate access but don't fund it. If he moved away from the family home/area, he collects at his expense. Don't engage in 'favours' as he will take advantage and you'll regret your generosity.

2. Photos- let it go. Don't engage on social media. She can photograph and share what she wants; focus your energy on more important things than photographs.

Fairylea Sun 01-Jan-17 07:34:13

Presumably your ex is fine with her posting photos of your children? A solicitor wouldn't do anything. You need to let it go.

I agree with the post above re contact / travel.

Scooby20 Sun 01-Jan-17 07:38:19

What was the legal advice regarding the photos? I dont think tgere is much yiu can do about that. The gf has permission of one of the parents to take photos and post them. You can ask her not to, but i dont think you can force her to stop.

Regarding the visits, pp is right. Facilitate contact, not fund it.

bakez Sun 01-Jan-17 07:41:42

thank you so much for your advice just needed to make sure I wasn't being nasty with the travelling I just feel sorry for my girls. I can see I've been bit stupid bout pics 😶 I'll let it go

Claire7984 Sun 01-Jan-17 07:43:07

I agree, facilitate access but he's gonna have to get off his arse and get the damn bus or a cab. regarding the pics, if she is a serious gf and she has involvement with your children then let it go. I assume none of the pictures are in any way dodgy. I personally only have people I actually know on the as I have pics of my kids on.

bakez Sun 01-Jan-17 08:31:29

I've already been to see solicitor regarding pictures of daughters which are public on Facebook not private setting, the solicitor wrote a letter regarding the photos of my girls must remain private not public, which my ex girlfriend changed to private then 3 or so months later she changed the private back to public as now anyone can see her pictures. I feel petty to go the solicitors again 😶

Scarydinosaurs Sun 01-Jan-17 21:49:22

Solicitor is just taking your money to write a fancy letter- you can write letters and ask whatever you want, but really you can only do that- ask.

Honestly, don't worry about it. Fostering good relationships with your ex and whatever partner he is with will benefit you in the long run. Don't get bogged down in photos posted publicly/privately. Really- how popular is this woman?? Bet she's only got her nan looking at them 😆.

With access, just keep it simple. Message and say that X will be ready to collect at X time on X day. Don't tell your child he is coming in case he doesn't show.

You can't afford to keep paying for him to see his own child, it isn't fair or realistic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now