Talk

Advanced search

Someone opened my post

(4 Posts)
nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice Thu 22-Dec-16 16:02:57

Sorry this is in the wrong section, didn't know where else to put it. We received some Christmas cards in the post today and one of them had been opened! Thankfully no money inside as this one was from my parents who have more sense than that. But what a bloody cheek. Is this a common thing this time of year?

Itsjustaphase84 Thu 22-Dec-16 16:11:37

I had this last year with Christmas cards I received being opened and I complained to royal mail. They can trace it back sometime I think so it's worth complaining. . I think this time of year there are a lot more temp staff. Some staff may take advantage.

skyblu Fri 23-Dec-16 08:57:25

I've had 3 this year that have been opened. None of which would've contained money, so that's good.
Royal Mail had Christmas card posting tips and point 1 was re-iterating "doz NOT send cash in post".

skyblu Fri 23-Dec-16 09:02:21

And a few years ago I bought a PlayStation game from eBay that was posted via Royal Mail (instead of a courier) and it was just an empty cardboard box by the time it arrived with me. The bottom of the box had been opened & game removed.
(Luckily, eBay seller sent me a replacement)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now