Talk

Advanced search

Child has the sh*ts

(19 Posts)
Chamonix1 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:40:06

And is meant to be going out for a fun packed day with nana and grandad tomorrow!
They've paid to attend lots of winter/Xmas activities in advance.
She's pooed her pants 3 times today and been on and off the toilet all day.
It's like water. Explosive.
If I cancel they'll be devastated and angry.
If she goes she's going to be humiliated for pooping her pants in public.
Cancel or send lots of trousers/pants and hope for the best?

Chamonix1 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:40:56

She's almost 4. If that's relevant...

Lilaclily Mon 19-Dec-16 18:41:23

Er can't believe you're asking
You have to cancel

If they are angry they're not nice people

Wolfiefan Mon 19-Dec-16 18:41:54

She's unwell. You cancel. confused

MrsHathaway Mon 19-Dec-16 18:41:58

Cancel. Poor little sausage is going to be exhausted.

If they're anything but sympathetic about a poorly child then they want coal in their stocking and a flea in their ear.

Reality16 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:42:16

What do you mean IF you cancel hmm

You should already have made that call....

DearMrDilkington Mon 19-Dec-16 18:43:07

Should you even have a child if you need to ask this question? Seriously?

Rosa Mon 19-Dec-16 18:44:10

Don't even think about it .Even is she stops pooing think how dehydrated she will be and probably exhausted.

Chamonix1 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:44:34

Sorry.
Of course I should cancel.
I know It will cause a problem with grandparents that's why I'm second guessing myself don't want the fall out just before Xmas.
Do I offer the money for the activities they've planned and paid for?

Chamonix1 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:45:30

Dearmr

Shall I contact social services, report myself?

MrsHathaway Mon 19-Dec-16 18:48:51

It's a risk you take when you book things for preschoolers in germ season.

Presumably a lot of the booked things are their tickets, not just DD's. You're not stopping them from going, just her.

MistressMerryWeather Mon 19-Dec-16 18:49:44

Pay no attention to that nonsense, OP.

They must be hard work if you are worrying like this over something you have no control over.

Just be calm and clear, she is unwell and can't go. It's crap (excuse the pun) but they will just have to get over it.

Any fallout will be entirely on them.

HeyRoly Mon 19-Dec-16 18:51:46

It's really bad timing but she has a gastro bug FFS.

Do the grandparents want to catch it? How about infecting everyone she comes into contact with at these Xmas activities?

I can't believe you're considering sending a sick child out with grandparents fully expecting her to soil herself in public.

GinIsIn Mon 19-Dec-16 18:52:20

You also need to consider how many other people she could pass it on to if she goes- she really must go.

Chamonix1 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:52:27

It is a risk, if I'd paid for things she wouldn't be going tomorrow and that would be that
They are hard work, i'm worried they'll think I'm making it up to ruin their day (and dd's!) maybe I could invite them round to help clean up.
I think they'd think this because they've accused me and dh of pushing them out before, dh doesn't get on with his mother a bit.
Oh crap.

Chamonix1 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:54:20

Heyroley
I'd obviously not actually expect her to poop her pants, I mean if it happened tomorrow morning I'd have to cancel wouldn't I. I just wanted to check if I was right to not want to send her.

ohfourfoxache Mon 19-Dec-16 18:56:09

What they say/think is irrelevant. If they really put their own wants above your child's needs then it probably isn't worth trying to facilitate a relationship between them.

MistressMerryWeather Mon 19-Dec-16 19:01:15

Well if they do feel pushed out a day at your house changing soiled pants will be a good bonding session.

She may even throw up then they can really get along.

Even from a selfish point of view, why would they risk getting ill themselves over Christmas?

HeyRoly Mon 19-Dec-16 19:05:30

I mean if it happened tomorrow morning I'd have to cancel wouldn't I

No, you cancel now.

A) because she won't be better tomorrow
B) because the 48 hour rule excludes her from going anywhere until 48 hours after the last episode of diahorrea or vomiting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now