Talk

Advanced search

Is this tight?

(9 Posts)
Nonotmenori Sat 17-Dec-16 20:09:09

Hi all,

Firstly not wanting to drip feed my DB met a girl and they feel pregnant within a month of dating. They split when she was about 7 months pregnant. All amicable which is great. My DN is now 2. She has just had another baby with someone else. I'm of course buying presents for Christmas. I don't want to leave the new baby out because I personally would hate it if I were in her shoes and I don't like the thought of singling out a child iyswim? So I've sent a card addressed to the new baby wth a tenner in. My question is am I being tight? I don't have anymore cash on me right now, but I can find time tomorrow to get something. I've got my DS a few presents. What's the Mumsnet verdict please?

pinkieandperkie Sat 17-Dec-16 20:10:57

I think that's a lovely thing to do and I am sure that it will be appreciated.

StealthPolarBear Sat 17-Dec-16 20:11:20

No I agree you shouldn't leave the baby put bur think what you've done is lovely.
The baby will have other relatives and I hope they feel the same about your dn

BlackNo1 Sat 17-Dec-16 20:16:01

No you're not being tight. She's just had a new baby, she won't think you're being tight either hopefully. I probably would have bought a gift instead of the cash (keeping within budget) but giving her £10 is absolutely fine.
I would leave it at that.

NavyandWhite Sat 17-Dec-16 20:17:16

Absolutely not. That's lovely and thoughtful.

talksensetome Sat 17-Dec-16 20:18:39

Very thoughtful, not mean at all.

GrumpySausage Sat 17-Dec-16 20:32:40

That's lovely. I'd be very touched if I received that in the circumstances. £10 is not tight at all.

Nonotmenori Sat 17-Dec-16 20:33:35

Thank you all. I just want her to know we love her,care for her and that she is very much part of our family regardless of the fact she's not with my brother anymore. Our whole family also share my views. I just know how I'd feel if I had another baby with someone else and they weren't acknowledged. I'd be gutted so I wouldn't want her to feel like that or my DN. I'd hate if he thought he was more special or less because he got gifts and his sibling didn't .

I have sent her some extra chock and a bottle of plonk too. Just so she knows we appreciate her.

Xx

kissmethere Tue 20-Dec-16 09:22:16

It's a lovely thoughtful thing to do and generous.
How on earth would it be seen as being tight?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now