Talk

Advanced search

DD 9 Low self esteem

(2 Posts)
SarfEast1cated Sat 17-Dec-16 09:10:21

Please help. My DD 9yrs has always been quite sensitive, but has recently been quite moody and stompy. I can put this down to hormones as lots of her friends are like this at the moment. What does really worry me is that she has started saying that she hates herself and that she is rubbish. I have spoken to her about it and she is not repeating what others have said to her, but she has decided this herself. We used to regularly have a lot of crying and sadness before bed time which a lot of her friends do too, but this is unnerving me. Any advice?

Silverdream Tue 20-Dec-16 23:33:48

Hi. Would it be worth chatting to your gp about her. Perhaps to get her some support. Your school of youth service may be able to help too. It sounds like she could do with a little support to build her confidence. You read like a lovely mum and it sound's like it's her makeup that's causing it rather than something that's happened I'm not much help sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now