Advanced search

Need advice - social services and court

(4 Posts)
worriedandneedlegaladvice Mon 12-Dec-16 22:30:54


Not sure if that link will work but it should take you to the long version of this sorry tale...

My sister has lost custody of her children and has been limited to only 2 hours' supervised contact a week at a final court hearing today.

Long history of difficulties with her ex including domestic abuse and general unreliability, lack of maintenance etc.

He petitioned for set access, she agreed, social services involvement escalated as children were under a child protection order due to domestic abuse. More involvement caused more problems and didn't diffuse situation at all.

Social worker convinced she is mentally unstable despite doctors note and letter from MIND stating she is fine apart from pressure of court process.

Catalogue of problems with social services (I simply wouldn't believe them if they weren't happening to my own family) but complaint cannot be processed while court is ongoing.

Where can we turn now? No legal aid as it is a private dispute (ex brought case, not social services).

Any advice would be much appreciated. Can't believe this has happened and don't know how we can make a change now. Sister willing to fight forever but not sure she will cope at all.

worriedandneedlegaladvice Mon 12-Dec-16 22:33:10

Maybe that will work??

Ilovecaindingle Thu 29-Dec-16 18:54:02

Sounds like she needs better legal representation. .

lougle Thu 29-Dec-16 19:09:43

I've read both threads now. I have no useful advice, but every sympathy. I hope that the best arrangement for the children will be found very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now