Talk

Advanced search

On call at Christmas - creative ideas needed

(2 Posts)
pumasalient Mon 28-Nov-16 12:53:41

My sister is on call on Christmas Day and will be approximately 1.5 hrs from the rest of the family. She has no partner/children and has to be within 30 mins of the hospital. My dilemma is that I hate the thought of her sitting in a hotel room on her own on Christmas Day. However, because of the distance and I have a DS I don't think it will be possible to travel to meet her. So I need to come up with some inventive ways to try and give her some sort of Christmas. Due to other commitments ie. visiting in-laws etc and my sister's work schedule I can't 'move' Christmas Day to a better date. I know we can Skype but I wondered if anyone else had experienced this or had any ideas to make things a little more exciting/happier for her on the day. The only idea I have had so far is sending her a parcel with a DVD and some goodies to open on the day.

Silverdream Wed 30-Nov-16 07:18:58

Can your family bring Christmas to her. You do Christmas at her house - cook and sort it. She can come and go with no pressure. Keep it simple. She can buy and cook turkey night before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now