Talk

Advanced search

Unwell little on and family day out

(6 Posts)
NEMSparkle Sat 26-Nov-16 08:07:53

DD (18months) woke up at 5am really upset and with a temp (38.2) took an hour to settle and for temp to go down with some calpol. She now seems ok now but not 100% she has teeth coming through so I'm thinking it's possibly that.

We have a big day out planned today Christmas market, shopping and dinner with family and not sure if we should cancel or risk going and coming home if she's unwell. So Wwyd?

NEMSparkle Sat 26-Nov-16 08:09:04

Ugh title should be one not on! I'm blaming sleep deprivation!

SVJAA Sat 26-Nov-16 08:19:45

Personally I'd cancel, or send the rest of the family and stay home with the wee one.
There's nothing more miserable than having to be out and about when you feel rubbish, and Christmas markets (lovely as they are) would be sensory overload for a poorly child.
Can you reschedule?

spacefrog35 Sat 26-Nov-16 08:19:51

Depends on distance from home & how understanding family are. If it's going to take you hours to get home & family are going to be all tuts & catsbum mouths I wouldn't buy if you're fairly close to home & like your family then go & see how she goes. The fresh air will probably do her good.

Christobel51 Sat 26-Nov-16 08:30:59

I would go. As long as she's warm and cosy in the pram and you take plenty of milk/water and some Calpol, then she'll be fine. If I stayed at home every time my children had teething problems or a sniffle, or a slight temperature I would have got very bored , very quickly! And it seems a shame for everyone to miss out on a fun family day. smile

NEMSparkle Sat 26-Nov-16 09:12:03

Thank you for the advice think we are going to go and come home if she's not up to it. We will only be 30 mins max from home and seems a shame for her to miss out on some fun with her favorite cousin. DH thinks I'm being dramatic all pfb with her. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now