How many presents from Santa?

(9 Posts)
Madeaminnieme Sun 20-Nov-16 08:17:38

Just wondering what everyone does when it comes to presents from Santa. Do you give all the presents as gifts from Santa or just one and the rest from you?
Also, is anyone else secretly more excited to watch Mickeys Twice Upon a Christmas than their children? grin

Sparklingbrook Sun 20-Nov-16 08:22:39

Everything from Santa here when the DC were little.

jelliebelly Sun 20-Nov-16 08:23:35

Everything from Santa apart from grandparents who give their own presents

aforestgrewandgrew Sun 20-Nov-16 08:41:50

Stocking from Santa, presents under the tree from the actual people who gave them.

I always help the DC choose or make small presents for everyone we'll see at Christmas too so there will be presents under tree from them too.

When we're at MIL's for Christmas she likes to put a couple of presents from Santa under the tree too. The DC have never seem at all phased by the inconsistency!

I don't understand doing all presents from Santa. Don't you want the DC to know you got them something? Isn't saying thank you to the present giver part of the whole thing? What about presents from other family members, do they get relabled from Santa? It'd cut down on thank you letters I suppose! grin

If there don't get relabled from.Santa then isn't it conspicuous that the rest of the family and Santa got them lots of lovely presents but you - apparently - didn't bother?! And besides, I want a little credit for all that effort, Santa can't have it all!

Waking up with the stocking is the magical bit IMO.

But having said all that, it's up to each individual family to make up their own traditions and do what's right for them, that's half the fun!

GlumsTheWord Sun 20-Nov-16 08:44:15

Definitely stockings only - otherwise it all becomes very hard to explain!

SmallBee Sun 20-Nov-16 08:45:14

We got a stocking and one present from santa growing up, but also a present from our parents and extended family so very generous. I think we'll do the same with our DC although this is the first year our eldest is old enough to notice it.

Haudyerwheesht Sun 20-Nov-16 08:46:10

Santa brings the stocking / sack and one asked for present

amammabear Sun 20-Nov-16 08:51:08

Santa brings one present per child, plus some DVD's for the family. I hate it when the kids then come home saying things like "santa bought Tommy an iPad"... And I have to come up with excuses about it because my kids think Santa hates them as a result...

ChubbyMummy12 Sun 20-Nov-16 09:01:02

Santa brings the stocking a selection box and one small present in this house, us and family do the rest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now