Talk

Advanced search

Baby name Courtney

(66 Posts)
Rachal9 Wed 09-Nov-16 21:02:15

I've been thinking about the name Courtney alot recently and it's kind of stuck with me, I've done a lot of research on the name and ways to spell it because I like the spelling 'Courtney' but it's way to common for me to use..

The only other spellings I can tolerate are.

Kourteney
Kourtnee
Courteney
Courtnee

I like the top two better but I'm not sure if they look abit to trashy..

microsnake Wed 09-Nov-16 21:04:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rachal9 Wed 09-Nov-16 21:05:45

The Kardashians spelling hers like the top one without the E between the T and N

VladimirsPooTin Wed 09-Nov-16 21:15:49

I think all are far too common to be honest.

swans off

ShelaghTurner Wed 09-Nov-16 21:20:48

Courtney is just fine as it is. The other spellings are nothing short of atrocious. I don't know a single Courtney so not sure where you're getting the common thing from.

ThoraGruntwhistle Wed 09-Nov-16 21:25:05

Not sure what you mean - Common as in overused, or common as in 'low class'?
I don't think it's either by the way. But if you do use it, the original spelling is nicer than using a K or extra e's.

CocoLoco87 Wed 09-Nov-16 21:25:51

I don't think it's common either but it reminds me of that blonde, big overinflated boobed girl married to the much older creepy guy in the states

I'd go with spelling it Courtney

QuackDuckQuack Wed 09-Nov-16 21:31:51

Spell it weirdly and you condemn the child to a lifetime of 'no, with a K and ee at the end' and then getting weird post with
Courneykee on it and all sorts of various misspellings.

LittleBearPad Wed 09-Nov-16 21:39:03

Just spell it the normal way.

Your child won't thank you when they have to spend their life explaining how to spell their name because it's spelt incorrectly.

Rachal9 Wed 09-Nov-16 23:30:28

Not necessarily, my cousin Spells her name Kortniee and she/people love it

LittleBearPad Wed 09-Nov-16 23:34:10

Just don't. It will look silly

ShelaghTurner Thu 10-Nov-16 11:04:26

Kortniee? Seriously?

TheHiphopopotamus Thu 10-Nov-16 11:16:53

If you're going to use Courtney just spell it Courtney. It's neither unique nor interesting to spell it any other way.

But seriously, Kortniee? That's just flipping stupid.

hoddtastic Thu 10-Nov-16 11:18:33

very good. It's reading week somewhere isn't it?

Rachal9 Fri 11-Nov-16 00:06:45

There are a lot of Courtney's in her School with different spellings of the name, she's the only one with the spelling Kortniee, personally I don't like the spelling but that's the way it's spelt

BestMammyEver Sat 12-Nov-16 14:27:09

I have a daughter called Courtney. Hope people don't think it's a low class/common name. I only know of one other Courtney and she is 6 years older than my daughter.

I don't like the other spellings, especially the ones with K at the beginning but only because it reminds me of the Kardashian family.

BestMammyEver Sat 12-Nov-16 14:28:42

I obviously love the name or I wouldn't have named my only daughter that. I'm not trying to be offensive about the K spelling names by the way. Just my own personal preference is the normal way of spelling it.

I think it's a lovely name for a girl.

Tarttlet Mon 14-Nov-16 16:30:11

"Kortniee"

That's just ridiculous, why on earth is there both an I and a double E!?

Courtney, on the other hand, is fine.

pinkyredrose Mon 14-Nov-16 16:34:45

Why are you so desperate to have a Yoonike name?

pinkyredrose Mon 14-Nov-16 16:35:25

Courtney is a unisex name btw.

Rachal9 Wed 16-Nov-16 19:26:44

Why is my name spelt Rachal instead of Rachel.. Because that's how my parents wanted it

Same with my auntie, she wanted Kortniee instead of Courtney

pinkyredrose Wed 16-Nov-16 19:49:36

Well I guess you'll be original.

PickAChew Wed 16-Nov-16 19:51:19

Is this a wind up?

Empress13 Wed 16-Nov-16 20:03:30

Oh lord I'm sick and tired of all these stupid spelling s of nice normal names ! They're in fashion at mo but in years to come when said child is 50 plus will be ridiculous!

Leave Courtney as is !

Eminybob Wed 16-Nov-16 20:59:39

I don't get the need for all the different spellings. My DS is called William, it wouldn't have occurred to me to name him Willeeeam or some such confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now