Talk

Advanced search

Fireworks and neighbours dog

(6 Posts)
flossyfloo Sat 29-Oct-16 21:20:59

I'm currently sat in my home listening to fireworks going off in the distance and a dog barking like mad. The dog belongs to my neighbour whose back garden is opposite my house. The back door is closed so it can't go back in the house. I can see most of the garden and there is no sign of the owner out there with the dog.

For info - said dog barks a lot. It sits in the front window barking at people outside, barks out the garden all the time at all hours of the day (I was woken up at 5:45 a week ago by the barking, it was locked out again and the owners didn't seem to notice) but seems to be barking a lot longer this time and I am concerned that it is out there and may be scared of the noise.

What would you do?

MissClarke86 Sat 29-Oct-16 21:26:48

I'd ring the RSPCA.

Spam88 Sat 29-Oct-16 21:29:33

I don't know what you should do, but the poor thing sad our dog is terrified of fireworks.

Ylvamoon Sat 29-Oct-16 21:32:26

Talk to the neighbours? It's obviously an on going issue...

Jaimx86 Sat 29-Oct-16 21:36:00

Is there any way you can get to it if neighbours are out?

flossyfloo Sat 29-Oct-16 21:47:01

It has been taken back inside now but was out there for maybe half an hour.

Jaimx - I would never break in to someone's garden but even if I would, the lady who lives there never seems to leave the house.

Ylva - I had thought of talking to the neighbours but don't know what I would say. We know the man that lives there to nod to only, we've also talked to the adult daughters once or twice, but although I've seen the lady who lives there she has never said hello to us and doesn't seem to go out at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now