Teenagers!

(5 Posts)
sijjy Thu 27-Oct-16 20:13:54

Hi first time posting.
I have a very soon to be 16 year old daughter. 16 in 3 days. She has just walked in from being In town with her friends. And has just said. I'm going to say this now because I know your going to smell it on me anyway. I've tried weed today!!!! shockshockshock
Shocked is a understatement. Have told her that we will have a chat when the little ears have gone to bed. I don't even know where to begin with it.

MrsMcAvoy Thu 27-Oct-16 20:26:33

I think you're very lucky she has been so honest with you! I think how you react should depend on what type of person she is normally. If she is normally fairly well behaved and responsible then try to remain calm and just talk to her about it. If she is usually a trouble causer and rebellious then perhaps take a more stern approach?

sijjy Thu 27-Oct-16 20:32:01

Thank you. I have posted this in the teenagers part too. Didn't really know what or where to post.

Sallyz0z0 Sat 29-Oct-16 17:08:30

Yes agree with above, I have taken the calm approach with my son when he did the same aged 15 and told me, he them always told me the truth about things, even when he and his friends once got a telling off from police for messing around in a car park. Anyway, the point is I think it is good to take the calm 'how did it feel, it's natural to experiment but be sensible and careful' approach. Good luck fellow mum!

BackforGood Sat 29-Oct-16 17:15:49

I agree with others. It is a shock, it's not what you want to hear, but she's been open about it and this is a chance to talk about sensible approach to all sorts of things she'll be offered over the next few years, from pills to alcohol and cigarettes to sex. A chance to talk about peer pressure, about staying safe, about "what to do if...." , about laws, about long term effects vs instant 'highs', etc.,etc.,etc.
what's done is done. It's a great chance to have some serious talk with her, including saying that you are glas she has told you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now