Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Siblings

(4 Posts)
Iamthecatsmother Sat 15-Oct-16 20:24:49

I don't know if anyone can help me understand this? Any advice?
My sister and I are both in 40s. We don't get on and sadly we never really have. We're very different, she's into her career, whereas I'm SAHM. My dad often said he thought she was the clever one when we were little and although he never said so, I felt he favoured her. My mum was close to both of us, maybe me a little more as adults. Mum knew there was an issue between us but she didn't really understand it either. My mum sadly died some years ago and since then my relationship is worse than ever with my sister. I don't know why, I try to be kind and friendly and interested in her and her kids but she is pretty much indifferent to me. She's the same with my dcs and they find it hurtful and are asking me why she is like this. Dh can see it too. It's awkward when I see her. My DS has ASD, high functioning, and she's very dismissive of it, as if it's nothing. I don't live close by and rarely see her. Last week I visited my dad. She was already there. When she saw my car pull up she left virtually straight away.
My extended family think she's great. They don't see the side I see. I know that things won't change, this is simply the way it is but it's affecting my confidence, which is non exsistant anyway. I wonder what is wrong with me for her to dislike me so much sad

Winniethepooer Sat 15-Oct-16 20:26:59

Have you asked her?

luckylucky24 Sat 15-Oct-16 20:30:10

It is possible she is jealous of you in any way? I don't get on much with my sister as she is a bossy mare and is very selfish. She doesn't have kids though so it could be just that we are at different stages of life- more likely her personality though.

Iamthecatsmother Sat 15-Oct-16 20:40:14

I definitely couldn't ask her, it would become a confrontation and I couldn't do that. She's very ballsy and I'm not. I don't know if she's jealous, my mum said that and so has my MIL. I can't imagine what I have that she could be jealous of though. I would love to have a relationship which is friendly, just a bit sad that this is the way it is I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now