Talk

Advanced search

Wtf

(9 Posts)
user1475061403 Thu 13-Oct-16 20:40:55

I'm married with 2 children and one Ss
We recently went on holiday and MIL gave her grandkid money (SS)
She left out my kids and didn't bat an eye lid I understand that money is not everything but I am big on equality we are a family and my family treat SS the same.
MIL has been such hard work, From feeding everyone Sunday lunch but us to being verbally nasty to me at every chance she gets.
I have tried being nice and friendly baking buns etc but she just seems to be hell bent on causing family rifts and I have no idea what to do.

PoldarksBreeches Thu 13-Oct-16 20:44:15

What does your husband think about it?

peaceloveandbiscuits Thu 13-Oct-16 20:47:09

Are your two children also your husband's children, and therefore her grandchildren?

user1475061403 Thu 13-Oct-16 20:48:05

Well he thinks it's not on and he's the first to admit his mum is hard work but I don't want any trouble!
It's sad because she was once a daughter in law surely she must remember the feeling of trying so hard to fit in

user1475061403 Thu 13-Oct-16 20:48:45

No my kids are not his but call him dad

Stormwhale Thu 13-Oct-16 20:50:26

Stop trying op. It's not going to get you anywhere. If you expect nothing, you won't be disappointed.

peaceloveandbiscuits Thu 13-Oct-16 20:54:56

Well that's still horrid behaviour from her to deliberately exclude your children. I don't know what to suggest, apart from not bothering with her anymore. You can't change her behaviour, unfortunately, but you can show your children that you don't find her treatment of them acceptable and you won't expose them to it anymore.

user1475061403 Thu 13-Oct-16 22:14:27

You are so right I'm fed up with PIL constant shit stirring

JellyBelli Thu 13-Oct-16 23:58:58

Just take a back seat, no normal person treats kids unfairly in front of each other. If they wanted they could have given them money without letting your kids know about it.
They arent nice poeple so dont let them get to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now