With baby's cold arms?

(9 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Sun 09-Oct-16 11:11:43

It's between 17-18 C at night in the bedroom. Baby wears a short sleeved vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog grobag to bed. His torso feels warm but not hot, just slightly warm to the touch. His arms however are freezing. They are like little blocks of ice when he wakes up in the night. I know it's normal for his hands to be cold but should his arms really be so cold? Should I be dressing him differently for bed

Heavenscent86 Sun 09-Oct-16 11:12:10

Presumably the temperature drops a bit more than 17-18 overnight.

SprogletsMum Sun 09-Oct-16 11:12:59

Long sleeve vest?

DoItTooJulia Sun 09-Oct-16 11:14:53

You can et sleep suits with padded arms for this reason! And I think grobags do something with padded arms too.

I think I got the padded arm sleep suits from Mothercare but it was a couple of years ago now!

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 09-Oct-16 11:14:58

Does the sleep suit have long sleeves? My little one is in a 2.5 tog, long sleep babygro or a vest and a long sleeved t shirt.

Bubspub Sun 09-Oct-16 11:18:27

I think it's too cold for short sleeves now. Get some long sleeved, fleecy gros. When they're laying still they get cold. We're using full on wintry fleecy gros and pyjamas at the moment x

Archedbrowse Sun 09-Oct-16 11:18:50

Oh I had this problem last year I got some 'sleevies' they're brilliant.
Basically it's a normal sleepsuit but the arms are made of soft fleece, so their arms are warm, but they don't overheat in the gro bag, they're genius. Got some for my newborn last year and you've just reminded me to order another couple for her now for this winter.

www.sleevies.co.uk/?product=sleevies-sleepsuit

CurlsLDN Sun 09-Oct-16 11:20:51

gro.co.uk/product/gro-suit/

Padded sleeves, to be used with a Grobag but still safely avoid over heating

Heavenscent86 Sun 09-Oct-16 14:46:22

Thanks everyone. I will have a look at these ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now