Talk

Advanced search

Nanny's new boyfriend

(20 Posts)
Pinktree33 Fri 07-Oct-16 09:51:36

Hi my mum has a new boyfriend for about 4 months I've never met him and she wants to take my child out for day with him. I said kindly I would like to meet him first in a comfortable environment with my child rather than on their own. Am I over reacting or just being a normal mum?

0dfod Fri 07-Oct-16 09:53:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PurpleDaisies Fri 07-Oct-16 09:55:00

No, I think it's not appropriate to bring your boyfriend to work. While she's looking after your child, you're paying her to do a job not hand around with her friends.

PurpleDaisies Fri 07-Oct-16 09:55:46

Oh bollocks-she's a grandma not a nanny! Oops.
<hangs head in shame>

PurpleDaisies Fri 07-Oct-16 09:56:40

And I think since it's your mum'a boyfriend and presumably she won't be leaving your child alone with him you are being a bit overprotective.

katemess12 Fri 07-Oct-16 09:56:59

Overreacting.

Nothing more to it.

bakedappleflavour Fri 07-Oct-16 09:57:58

Overreacting. Your mum will be there.

ageingrunner Fri 07-Oct-16 10:07:47

Does your mum have a history of having dodgy boyfriends? If not then you're probably being a bit overprotective. Why haven't you met him yet though? It does seem a bit weird that she wants to take the child out before you've met him tbh.

HarleyQuinzel Fri 07-Oct-16 10:13:32

She'll be there so I don't see the problem. Unless she has history? Can't you pop in and say hi when you drop them off/she picks them up?

intheknickersoftime Fri 07-Oct-16 10:17:29

I think you're suggestion is quite reasonable to be honest. Why would you're DD meet him before you? I'm surprised if there that serious you haven't met already. Is there more to this?

intheknickersoftime Fri 07-Oct-16 10:18:02

They're not there

Pinktree33 Fri 07-Oct-16 10:27:56

Well there have been a few boyfriends that haven't been serious this year and one that was who did met us all and my son was very shy and not himself in front of him. So I'm thinking for my sons comfort.

I haven't met the boyfriend yet as never had the offer I suppose just had the odd chat about him here and there.

BravoHopeful Fri 07-Oct-16 10:31:41

OP I agree with you. i wouldn't be sending my small child out for the day with anyone that I didn't know. You should trust your instinct - it sounds to me as if you are not 100% confident in your mother's judgment on this. And you have every right to feel like that, and put your DD's comfort and safety first. I can't see any reason for your mum to need to take a new boyfriend with her when taking DD out.

BravoHopeful Fri 07-Oct-16 10:31:56

whoops, DS not DD!

intheknickersoftime Fri 07-Oct-16 10:32:13

I think you know deep down what's best for your son, go with your gut instinct. Your Mums entitled to have as many boyfriends as she likes but I can understand your discomfort about the situation for your son.

Pinktree33 Fri 07-Oct-16 10:33:48

Thank you for correcting my grammar lol I should have written *rather than on his own reading it back now as I was referring to my son.

CaptinMuma Fri 07-Oct-16 10:35:05

I think I would want to meet him first too, together.

intheknickersoftime Fri 07-Oct-16 10:45:05

I was correcting my own grammar op grin. I'm forever mixing up there they're and their and going doh! After I post!

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sat 08-Oct-16 20:48:25

It is your child and your dm should want you to feel comfortable with knowing who your ds is with!

Cluesue Sat 08-Oct-16 20:50:04

Purpledaisies I thought the same blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now