We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

wedding invite

(8 Posts)
herewego1987 Sat 24-Sep-16 19:52:03

Date - 27th december 2016
Time -evening doo
Location-3hrs drive from home
Relationship - my work colleague

Also they have asked for a cash gift (with those nauseating crafty money poems inside the invite) so close to christmas we are going to be finding it tight

Do you think christmas, travel distance (we'd have to fork out for a hotel too for the sake of a night doo) possible family visits and really strapped for cash an ok reason to turn down an invite?

Go easy on me, Ive never really turned an invite before only once due to an op i was having near that time xx

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 24-Sep-16 19:58:17

I think it's fine to turn it down, it's a long way to travel for an evening do whatever the time of year and it is already a busy, expensive time of year, I'm sure they'll understand.

HerRoyalNotness Sat 24-Sep-16 19:58:37

3hr drive for evening do for a colleague is enough to turn it down. Let alone the holidays.

It's fine not to go.

LyndaNotLinda Sat 24-Sep-16 20:01:51

I wouldn't travel 3 hours for an evening do either and I suspect they're not expecting you to. Polite invite which you can politely refuse

GooseFriend Sat 24-Sep-16 20:02:05

They're not going to be offended - they'll be more surprised if you go. Give a lovely card and they'll be happy.

Mycraneisfixed Sat 24-Sep-16 20:05:36

Turn the invitation down 'with regrets'

wayway13 Sat 24-Sep-16 20:08:37

No way would I travel that distance for an evening do! Just rsvp no and wish them well.

GingerbreadCake Sat 24-Sep-16 20:27:55

I think those are perfectly valid reasons to turn it down it's not as if it's an all day invitation and it's a long way to travel with a lot of expense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now