Talk

Advanced search

Lodger being dodgy

(7 Posts)
butterfly92 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:31:14

Hi all.

I have a lodger living with me she's a lovely lady and she is married we didn't ask any questions as it isn't any of our business!

She has been here for about five or so months now and I have noticed that letters are coming in her husbands name because I remember her saying his name when he was here dropping off her furniture then she said oh that is my husband just helping me so I thought mmm okay.

So far we had a letter:

* From the council in his and her name (no idea what that was)
* Letter from DVLA (it was a v5 registration document registered in his name)
* letter from building society which said it was a credit card
* letter from insurance company with his insurance policy inside (it was thick and heavy, and same insurance policy my partner is with!)

So what the hell is this? We haven't told her this, we luckily get the letters while she's working and we always put return to sender no such person lives at this address but letters just keep on coming. Should I confront her or just leave it? Just to mention her husband does NOT live here, it was advertised as a single occupancy room ONLY.

coolaschmoola Mon 05-Sep-16 22:34:12

How do you know what was INSIDE the mail?

And tbh - why are you returning them without TELLING her? She's a lodger - not your child. I am astounded that you think this was appropriate!

MephistoMarley Mon 05-Sep-16 22:37:03

You're returning them without telling her? Are you barmy? Just ask her and if you think she's dodgy then as her to leave. Ffs.

OutragedofLondon Mon 05-Sep-16 22:48:32

Have you posted about this before?

Berthatydfil Mon 05-Sep-16 22:48:48

Have you posted about this before as I recall a very similar thread around the first week of August which I replied to.
I will give you much the same advice as I did then which is that I think he is taking out finance at your address and advice was to do a credit check and return his post to the senders with not known at this address written on it do not give the letters to her, however if she is residing with you she may be in a position to receive the post and remove his letters without you knowing.
She is almost certainly colluding with this as otherwise how would he have your address, and if this continues you may very well find bailiffs turning up on your door step.

Berthatydfil Mon 05-Sep-16 22:55:38

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/etiquette/2704627-why-is-his-letters-coming-to-our-address?msgid=62838270

butterfly92 Mon 05-Sep-16 23:02:28

Omg I could NOT find that post!! Thank you for posting that here and I think she is . I just wanted a bit more advice that is all my problem is that I am too nice :/ need to really start getting my guns out lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now