A week to myself

(10 Posts)
roseteapot101 Mon 15-Aug-16 12:19:47

A very rare thing has happened my little girl has gone with grandparents on holiday for a week and my other half is long hours at work all week.Now i am completely on my own.

This is is really strange the house is empty apart from cats and i have nothing but cleaning to do

I don't have friends apart from my other half so what do i do now apart from read this is so strange

Fink Mon 15-Aug-16 12:29:33

Same thing is happening to me next week (except I don't have an OH or cats). I've booked to go away on a retreat for the week.

If you're not religious then maybe you could do the secular equivalent of a retreat. Not sure what that is: spa day?

overthehillandroundthemountain Mon 15-Aug-16 12:35:29

I have this! Two weeks. Has been lovely so far.

Fink, I am looking for the equivalent of a retreat, so will be watching this thread with interest! Is yours a religious one?

I am working but the days are longer without ferrying people around and all the cooking and cleaning. Had forgotten how easy it is to just look after one person! Booked in lots of meetings with friends and a few housey projects. Also self-care things - haircut, face pack, dental appointments, smear test hmm Need to ensure the boring things are followed by fun ones: a mooch around the shops, trip to the cinema/theatre, cooking some delicious things, a walk somewhere new.

Am making the most of the sunlight hours by sitting outside with a book/newspapers and I took the dog for a lovely, dew-laden walk early this morning.

Is there anything interesting on in your area? Or could you take a train to somewhere nearby?

roseteapot101 Mon 15-Aug-16 12:37:30

i go to church but the one i am with now does not do away trips.I remember my last church you could help the elderly on trips to holy sites.I wish i had money for a day at a spa that sounds nice

LewisAndClark Mon 15-Aug-16 12:43:05

Oh I'd love this. I'd drink prosecco at 10am, spend the whole week in pjs, have long long hot baths, watch all the movies and read all the books.

It's my idea of heaven. Soon to be a reality as ds2 starts school in September and I'm a SAHM for the foreseeable grin

overthehillandroundthemountain Mon 15-Aug-16 12:44:40

Lewis It's better than being a SAHM because there are no school runs and no need to cook healthy meals grin Very little laundry, too!

LewisAndClark Mon 15-Aug-16 12:45:36

True!

Enjoy it, OP. envy

roseteapot101 Mon 15-Aug-16 12:56:37

lol

yeah i am not working i work during term time just a small job helping at school

so i really do have nothing i guess the most exciting thing today was having some left over apple crumble for breakfast i feel as exciting as watching paint dry lol

now i have the free time i am not sure what to do it just feels so odd

Fink Tue 16-Aug-16 19:23:32

Yes, overthehill,I'm going to stay in a monastery in the countryside for 5 days!

OP, maybe get a few good books out from the library and sit out in the garden/a park? Take a long leisurely walk. Make food you usually wouldn't have time for. Go to the cinema (yes, alone! I've spent so many years single it doesn't faze me anymore and no one looks at you) and see a film your OH wouldn't like. Do an at home spa day. Depends what you find relaxing really.

poochiepants Tue 16-Aug-16 19:55:15

I want apple crumble for breakfast too, rose!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now