On holiday with friend not going very well...

(48 Posts)
Spanishgly Sun 14-Aug-16 09:52:24

I am currently in spain. We have been here two days. The whole time she has been really bossy like rushing me to be ready ect.
All she has done is been on her phone texting some guy she is fucking when she isnt texting him she is going on about him to me.
All she speaks about is him, her belly looking fat and bloated or how dark her tan is.

So yesterday we got really drunk, she was sleeping on the street then we moved to the beach. I was trying to get her up because i was wasted and we needed to go home.
She was screaming at me to fuck off and even some other people tried to help her and she was just saying leave me alone and fuck off i need to sleep.

I then decided to go get her food to sober up. I left her for 20 mins

I know this was stupid but i didnt know what else to do. I went with some guy as he knew a kebab shop and i left our shoes to make it look like she isnt alone. I took her handbag with me.

She woke up before i got back and was talking to some girls and guys who told her she had been alonr ages.

When i found her i wanted to go and she wouldnt leave because she felt a need to stay woth these girls and guys because they helped her which meant we got in a 7am

She has made constant digs about me leaving her claiming i left her for two hours.
Even we met with the guy i was with yesterday and he confirmed we left for only 20mins but she was saying how she was drunk and woke up sober and it would of taken her two hours to sober up.
So she came to this conclusion based off this and cried when i wouldnt accept i left her for two hours.
I did not do this i know i didnt

She also lost her bank card to which someone spent momey on it. We think it was the bar man because of certain things.

When we went to the police station she was talking to some man saying how
"I was distracted because she was talking to me"
Like she was blaming me she forgot to take her card back from the bar man.

I was talking to her because she was buying random girls drinks and i was telling her not to.

Wwyd? She is annoying me

ilovesooty Sun 14-Aug-16 09:55:08

Get a flight home.

DoreenLethal Sun 14-Aug-16 09:56:39

I'd tell her to chill the fuck out and stop bossing me about; do my own thing and find a compromise to make sure we weren't getting so drunk we were passing out on streets.

NickiFury Sun 14-Aug-16 09:59:15

I would try to move to another hotel.

FanDabbyFloozy Sun 14-Aug-16 10:01:49

You're both out of control due to the drink; cut right back and you will enjoy being in control again.

I recommend not drinking until after 6pm bar a glass of wine or a cocktail at lunch. You both sound like you could find yourself getting into big trouble.

ajandjjmum Sun 14-Aug-16 10:07:35

Girls holidays = nightmare!

Get to know other people in your resort in the daytime, and maybe cut down on the alcohol?

NavyandWhite Sun 14-Aug-16 10:09:23

How old are you both?

Agree with sooty that you should just come home. Sounds feral.

TheCrowFromBelow Sun 14-Aug-16 10:24:58

Stop drinking so much in the day, sunbathe, chill out on the beach and go out around 9 pm. Or come home!
It sounds really unenjoyable at the moment and neither of you are in control. Leaving your shoes to make it look like 2 people (Wtf?) means you were wandering around pissed without your shoes on.
Feral is the word.

Spanishgly Sun 14-Aug-16 10:27:06

She is 35 and i am 25

Spanishgly Sun 14-Aug-16 10:28:34

I had shoes on. I brought heels and flats i left the heels and the guy i was with left his shoes as well.
She is just going on about me leaving her just now she has said she checked her knickers because the man at the police station was talking about date rape drugs.

LizzieVereker Sun 14-Aug-16 10:29:31

Doesn't sound relaxing/fun. I don't mean to be rude but it doesn't sound like you are quite in control once you've been drinking, and you sound really vulnerable because of that. I would come home, it will be less stressful!

legotits Sun 14-Aug-16 10:31:06

Even though you are on holiday you need to keep safe.

The boozing is making you take ridiculous risks.

When we have a friend holiday we take it turns to drink (one of us ALWAYS sticks at two drinks) can you suggest that?

ihatethecold Sun 14-Aug-16 10:40:41

you sound like a pair of vulnerable teenagers not grown adults!

TotalConfucius Sun 14-Aug-16 10:45:26

FFS grow up. You're not joined at the hip.
Just tell her you're spending the day chilling by the pool and go there. Put your head into your kindle and leave her to get on with it. And sit next to the coffee bar rather than the wine bar.

P1nkP0ppy Sun 14-Aug-16 10:48:39

FFS grow up.
You sound as if you both deserve each other, stereotypical paralytic ally drunk females, on holiday in Spain.

Spanishgly Sun 14-Aug-16 10:50:53

"Grow up" wow you sound so cool making these remarks.
Let me know how to "grow up" maybe i need a waterring can. Idiots.

Spanishgly Sun 14-Aug-16 10:52:32

Lego that is a good idea. Usually it is her looking after me but i dont know why she is getting so drunk here. This is the second time now i had to look after her because she wants to sleep on the street. We have stopped drinking now though until we return home on thursday

GirlWithTheLionHeart Sun 14-Aug-16 10:53:57

Op is only 25 so why the grow up comments? She's on holiday and had a few drinks. Pretty much what 25 year olds do!

breezybeach Sun 14-Aug-16 10:54:03

Poor you
This is awful
Talk it over with her when you sober .. Maybe an excursion day ? Or get out and swallow cost of changing ticket

IME girls Holidays never go well if one of them is prone to highly strung behaviour around booze

On a girls weekend one not single gf had a 3some and wound up pregnant !!!

On a weeks resort Holiday with 2 girlfreinds a few years ago... I tried to encourage the married with DC one not to bring some bloke back to our shared room in the apartment and do the deed .

This btw After pulling 3 blokes off her on the dance floor the night before after she strip teased for them (for which she soberly thanked me profusely the next morning )

She had a huge drunken rage at me , physically assaulted me
I Left next day
At great expense for extra plane ticket
With the other freind and a black eye

We are none of us friends anymore

Sightseeing or hill walking perhaps ?

You poor thing

HerdsOfWilderbeest Sun 14-Aug-16 10:56:39

Sounds terrible. I'd sit by the pool and relax. All this sleeping in the street and on the beach is ridiculous.

Spanishgly Sun 14-Aug-16 11:02:31

breezy shock that is crazy!

Trills Sun 14-Aug-16 11:03:47

It sounds like you would have had no problem with your level of drunkenness if you were with a friend who was as-drunk-as-you and as-sensible-as-you.

But she was either more drunk or less sensible or both.

theclick Sun 14-Aug-16 11:05:27

You both sound like you've had too much to drink. Tomorrow (or today) can you not drink at all and just enjoy what is around you - if you're still annoying each other sober, come home or just spend a few days doing your own thing but meeting up for lunch/dinner etc.

flossietoot Sun 14-Aug-16 11:07:07

You sound like you are both about 17. Stop drinking, sit by the pool and behave like adults. hmm

GirlWithTheLionHeart Sun 14-Aug-16 11:19:50

Sounds dull, flossie. Why can't the op drink and go out? She's 25 not middle aged with 2 kids she can do what she wants!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now