Talk

Advanced search

Did I do the right thing?

(5 Posts)
SapphireSeptember Sat 13-Aug-16 22:24:58

On the way home, nearly there and came across an argument between a couple. I was ready to phone the police when I saw the bloke pick up the women, but she struggled until he let her go. Anyway, I asked her if she was okay, gave her a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on and stayed with her until I was sure she was safe. The bloke in question is her husband and she's in the process of leaving him, but is scared he's going to take their little one back to Romania if she does. I gave her my number and said if she needs anything to call me. I don't know what else I could have done, but I'm glad I didn't ignore it, (which I was going to.) I do feel shaken up, but I'm sure that's nothing to what she's going through. sad

(And before anyone asks, I still have all my stuff, something I didn't even think about till I got home and my husband said.)

MimmeeBack Sun 14-Aug-16 12:20:08

Could you call 101 and ask for police advice? It may be that they can log the incident which might help her if it happens again in the future and she needs to show it is a recurring thing.

You sound lovely by the way, a lot of people would just ignore flowers

SapphireSeptember Sun 14-Aug-16 18:40:34

That sounds like a plan, and it seems it is a reoccurring thing, he won't leave her alone since she left him. angry She told me where she works so I can pop in there and check up on her, which I'm going to. I hope she's okay.

Thank you. I'm glad I didn't ignore it.

GahBuggerit Sun 14-Aug-16 19:09:34

where was the "d" h? hopefully hed pissed off?

you did a lovely thing

SapphireSeptember Mon 15-Aug-16 20:08:18

Yes, in his car. He did try talking to me to explain his side of the story, but I wasn't having any of it. (He cheated on her, and now he's harassing her for having a male friend, gah!) Which was where she ended up going, round to her friend's house. And he wants to take their child away from her because he was the one screwing around? angry I'm off the the legal bit of Mumsnet, I need some help on this! I'm sure you can stop someone removing a child from the country, I think...

Anyway, thank you. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now