Talk

Advanced search

What to do next?

(5 Posts)
Bumbumtaloo Thu 11-Aug-16 12:39:26

I have a mobility car, on Tuesday it went in for its annual service. It is now Thursday, still no car and they don't know when I will get it back!

The garage found it had issues with the front breaks and needed a new front tyre, they rang on Tuesday afternoon to ask if they could return it in the Wednesday. Although inconvenient (had GP appointment) I agreed. Heard nothing yesterday so rang the garage at 4ish who said they would ring back, they didn't call back so my husband rang at 5.20 (they close at 6). The person said that they were still waiting for the tyres to be fitted - because it's a mobility car a certain company has to fit them. Was told to ring back at 11am today, we called back the person I spoke to said they would try and get them done today and j would hopefully get the car back, I was quite annoyed and said I wanted the car back, it's a mobility car, I'm stuck at home, have missed GP appointments and it's getting on for three days!! She just said leave it with her and she will get back to be ASAP.

I have contacted the tyre company they have said 3 different things to me 1) the order was never placed 2) yes the order was placed by they emailed the garage to cancel and 3) they don't have the tyres. They said they would contact the garage and call back ASAP.

I'm now sat here in limbo, no car, no further forward! I'm really, really fed up of the whole thing.

So I guess my question is what would you do next? What can I do?

6demandingchildren Thu 11-Aug-16 15:29:30

Tell them to give you your car back and inform you when the tyres are there.

Bumbumtaloo Thu 11-Aug-16 15:46:57

Already have, they won't give me the car because the tyres are below the legal limit. The garage are waiting for a mobile fitter to go to them, as they are not 'allowed' to change them.

6demandingchildren Thu 11-Aug-16 16:30:07

Tell them you will be contacting the mobility scheme as they have lied you you .
And you can request they return the car

Bumbumtaloo Thu 11-Aug-16 16:56:11

They have just delivered a courtesy car. I have asked several times for them to return the car and they have refused.

I've emailed across to mobility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now