Talk

Advanced search

Regarding these middle of the night texts

(11 Posts)
datingbarb Wed 10-Aug-16 14:45:22

So just before 5am my phone woke me with a "no caller id" number, only reason I answered was because I thought it might be my dd!

Any ways I said hello a few times and number no one answered so hung up

Couple of minutes later what apps starting arriving from a number and I don't recognise the profile pic of a lady

"OMG so sorry think that was me on the phone to you"

"Must of taken someone's number down wrong was scrolling through contacts"

" I'm shaking I'm so embarrassed right now please tell me you didn't hear what I think you did"

" please answer me I'm so embassed"

"please answer"

So anyway I didn't answer went straight back to sleep, but got me thinking she clearly wanted to get into convo with me and now wondering why... I'm dating at moment and maybe she has found my number on partners phone in middle of night (as far as I'm aware I'm not talking to anyone I shouldn't be )

Should I text back saying "yeah heard everything" surely if you called a wrong number from a withheld number by mistake you would just leave it

Hariasa Wed 10-Aug-16 14:47:41

I would continue to ignore personally.

LewisAndClark Wed 10-Aug-16 14:50:38

How odd.

datingbarb Wed 10-Aug-16 14:55:20

Is odd had it of only been the first text I wouldn't of thought anything of it, but clearly they wanted a response so I'm wondering why

Like I said if it turns out someone I'm currently dating isn't available as I thought would rather find out how

Fettuccinecarbonara Wed 10-Aug-16 15:06:19

I'd reply saying you heard and wondered who it was.

Gives her chance to tell you what is on her mind. Gives you the option of looking innocent if all is fine.

GrimmauldPlace Wed 10-Aug-16 16:25:13

What does she think you heard? How strange.

datingbarb Wed 10-Aug-16 20:11:45

So I messaged back just saying "yes heard, was there anything you wanted to discuss with me"

She said no wrong number but kept on asking exactly what I heard and how she was so embarrassed (messaged like 6 times saying this ) I told her no worries, just wrong number and to just delete my number and I left it st that

She has no gone on to say how just had been looking st my profile pic and how hot I was (I still didn't respond) last message was " I don't normally do this but do you want to see s pic of my boobs" hmm

Starting to wonder who she is and how she got my number shock

Hariasa Wed 10-Aug-16 20:19:57

Told you not to reply.

They've just dialled a random number.

Just block them.

Stop engaging.

AgentAgency Thu 11-Aug-16 11:16:50

If you have fb you can search the number on facebook and it will show you the person (it only works if they have their number linked to their account)
Also maybe try googling. Could be a scam

LewisAndClark Thu 11-Aug-16 11:23:17

Do you have a unisex name? And is your FB profile open, and do you have your phone number on it?

I get loads of messages from randomers on FB (men and women) saying they've seen my profile and I'm hot. I'm really not (it's usually a picture of my doggrin) but I think they just trawl through random profiles. And I do have a unisex name.

MermaidTears Tue 23-Aug-16 12:21:39

Wtf. What did u reply to the boob questions? I would still suspect your original thought....a possible girlfriend of a guy your chatting to/seeing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now